• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primochill Typhoon III looks good...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
http://www.skinneelabs.com/Pumps/D5/TyphoonIII/Primochill-TIII_p1.html

Can be used as a stand alone reservoir or have a D5 pump mounted directly into the back. With rear mounted pump, you can have 2 separate loops. With D5, it can really shine by splitting loops into 2 to get better GPM than a single loop (with and without dual pump)

I'm tempted to buy this one to complete my up coming WC set. I could set one set of in/out to rad and one to CPU and that'd leave lots of room for future expansion. The only issue is filling and draining. If you don't set one up with fill port, you would need to tip the whole case to fill or drain through the front of the res.

Think it'd be worth it? Other flashy cool reservoir I was looking at is EK Spinbay. However from Youtube video it looks like it'd add a lot of air bubbles into the flow if it's not completely full.

Primochill bay is about $66 from many sites, EK Bay Spin is a bit pricier.

If neither is good, then please suggest a nice reservoir.

this is a POS you are better off with a y splitter. That review is flawed because it breaks 1 single loop and measures it twice. I've played with this unit and it serves as a bay pump at best and potential to leakings due to the material. I would get one if EK made one out of machined acetal but that acrylic is just too cheap imo.

Everything in the box is pretty crappy, the fittings are so usless. $70 you better off with another pump.

Back