• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let play the what if I could change things game... new parts edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eichhorn18

Hi,

I'd like some input on what parts would be good to change if I were to RMA my current motherboard and ram.

My current computer parts are listed in my sig. sooo.

What if I swapped out my motherboard and ram. What would you replace them with if money was not a concern. Keep in mind I want to keep my Quad core.

My reason for this is that I am fed up with the P5Q3 and the ram. I have not had success in creating a stable system with these.

So what do you think?

The gigabyte board everybody with quads is constantly humping (joke! Don't kill me! :p) would be my choice, i can't remember the name though.
Ram wise, i'd buy what i have in my sig, OCZ 1110(sold as 1000 i believe, but has SPD for 1110) LV 2x2gb. I absolutely love them, they do [email protected] 5-5-5-15 :D

I'd get a Megahalems HSF, too. Or at least a xig 1283.

I have read a lot about that board. Can someone recommend a DDR3 version of that board? And possibly DDR3 ram to go with it?

I thought this was the change your parts game?

Isn't the point of it for you to RMA your ram?

I would get a good DDR2 4gb kit along with the UD3P they showed.

It really is a much better board. (No offense to ASUS users, the P5Q is a good board, but in unbiased discussion, the UD3P is better)

A good DDR2 kit is not a noticeable difference in performance compared to the DDR3 you have. But the over-clocking difference is noticeable.

Back