Yes this has been asked a million times before.

Where can I find a not-so technical sounding guide about building a waterblock clamp.

Something that is easy - CHEAP and affordable.

my waterblock has Elbow barbs, not top fit, so that is important too.

Or where I can buy one for 10 or 15 bucks ?? nothign with wingnutts, and utilizing only one socket foot on each side (2coolcomputer.com) that's how I killed my Duron.

I wanted a Maze2, but I simply can't afford it, as playing games on Windows XP with 256 megs of ram is a little crappy for me, and I need to be able to review these games decently (I have a job, yay).

I'm pretty much strapped for cash, gonna lap my old block, and use it so I can afford another 128 of ram, just need a hold down for the thing.

a guide/product link would be very helpful.

Don't know of any guides but if you post a clear picture of it I bet a few people here will have a ton of ideas to share with you
    MICHAEL SCHUMACHER '94, '95, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04 FORMULA 1 DRIVER'S WORLD CHAMPION SEVEN WORLD TITLES
    ASUS Maximus Formula Shi "R" Yan Special HR-05/IFX(2), HR-09 U TYPE 2, HR-09 S TYPE 2
    E8500 C0 @ 8X505MHz 1.416V 1:1 TRU120E Shi "R" Yan Special
    CM2X1024-8500CD5 70nm, Team Xtreem 2X2048
    G92 GTS 512MB @ 810 | 2010 | 1010 HR-03 GT
    XFi Titanium PCI-E
    T260HD
    G9, G15R2, G25
    ST3320620AS, ST3750330AS, ST31500341AS, LiteOn iHAS 424 Y
    620HX

id just go to www.overclock-watercool.com and get one from there, id not risk getting info and trying to make it myself.
    [THE HATEMACHINE]
    .: p4 3.2c : Abit IC7 : 1.5gb pc3500 : Gf Fx 5950 :.

[FAVORITE GIRL]
    .: AMDxp 3700 : DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 : 2gb pc4000 : Gf 7900gt :.

WoW
    Server: Laughing Skull
    Faction: Alliance
    Name: Truex 60 Dwarf Rogue

This unit is the same as our standard copper water jacket with the exception of utilizing 3/8" 90° brass elbow fittings.
    For use on BP6/VP6 motherboards and other tight fitting applications.
    Mounting surfaces are machined flat, lapped, and polished for ultimate heat transfer.
    Comes complete with our adjustable retaining bracket which allows room for the addition of a peltier if desired.
    Unit measures - 2"W X 2"L X 1/2"H

Originally posted by sonny
    id just go to www.overclock-watercool.com and get one from there, id not risk getting info and trying to make it myself.

That is the only one that will work with my waterblock, that they have a link for, and that is what I am trying to avoid, I do not like using wingnutts at all, I just want something I can slap on there using bolts, or all 6 socket feet without the wingnutts.

I could also probably build one /find a better one for less than the 20 bucks they want for it...

How bout' this guys ?

I think it looks alright..do you all think it looks safe enough ?

only 11.99

And.. can anyone tell me where I might be able to find an empty 5 gal bucket ? (like a paint bucket) I think all of ours are filled with motor oil and stuff...

and I need a new res... hehe

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster© Silversinksam's Avatar
    Originally posted by Neco

And.. can anyone tell me where I might be able to find an empty 5 gal bucket ? (like a paint bucket) I think all of ours are filled with motor oil and stuff...

and I need a new res... hehe
    You can get one cheap at Home Dept. or if your frugal call a bakery and ask them for one. The Jelly and what not is shipped in 5 Gal. buckets and they usually just recycle them or throw them away.
    -15 May 2012: On Hiatus helping bees and the planet at the moment

-You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware

Cool, I think I could afford a home depot bucket if it's 3 or 4 bucks

if not, I can have my dad snatch me one from one of the many grocery stores he services.

I suggest you visit http://www.dangerden.com they have experimented with several hold downs and have pictures of them. You might get a few ideas from there. I like the plexy one.
    Forum Moderator