• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New Folding member folding for Team 32!

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Amoroso

Hey everyone, Im new to folding, Ive been posting on this forum for awhile and just started folding. Im down for anything thats for a good cause, and I hope it really helps some one out, plus since my computer is on 24/7 and it doesnt do anything really.

Anyways I have a few questions:

I left my Folding@Home program on, and I came home, and I recieved a Error page from windows saying that Folding@Home application needs to shut down, and it said report error or ignore. Did something bad happen?

Also... Im using my everyday system below, I know nothing impressive Im running high temps... at 53C??? You think Im safe? Ive been helping out for 3 days now.

Hello everyone :)

I started folding yesterday, and ive just finshed a WU :)

Well, i was folding ages ago, but i had alot of trouble with the proggy (Computer was un-useable while folding :( ) but now it works fine! My comp. is just as fast as usual :)

Amoroso said:
no one welcomed me or answered any of my questions... :( :( :(

im gunna cry now
Willkill1337 said:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=396975 - errr yeah, I didn't notice this thread...

But yeah, 1.4 WU's down so far (this one has 1000 frames, that seems a lot!)

Edit: Oh, naturally I'm on the 32 :p, I'm under Willkill1337.
:welcome: to the Fold, while me mostly post for the points, we stay folding for the long haul to help in medical research that WILL lead to new cures and discoveries.

Justed started folding (again? not sure if i have before I think I did like 10 WU's before a LONG time ago) But now. I'm gonna farm once I get my old p2's up and running again muahah. fear my wrath. (anywho). yeah

If you guys need help with the website, I'm a good coder and designer. You guys need anything just ask, I have a LOT of free time on my hands.

I've been folding for a little while for Team 32 (on and off since April, I think) with my fileserver (second comp in sig) and my previous gaming computer (Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2 GHz), but I've never posted here. Right now I only have my fileserver folding until I can get all my other computers in running shape, but I just installed FAH on my two computers at work (a 600 MHz P3 and a Sempron 2300+) and I'll have them folding 24/7, at least until the Sempron goes on to other duties or I end my summer job.

The soon-to-be-built computer in my sig will fold when it's on, of course, and I will also have the following computers folding, once I get them working: Compaq Presario 200 MHz 32 MB; Powermac 9500 with a 400 MHz G3 upgrade; 200 MHz 64 MB RAM New Internet Computer, once I replace the power supply fan; and a 2400+ Athlon XP overclocked to wherever I can get it. Rest assured that any other computers I build or acquire will fold as well. :cool:

I finally started folding

Well after after being around these forums long enough, I guess the folding bug bit me. I cranked out my first WU this morning for 66 points. :attn: I am folding for team 32 of course under the name hibner. I'm not in any sub team yet, but I can be bribed. I am using the graphical client until i get used to things. My idle temps went up 3 or 4 degrees. So what do I do? Thats right, new fans. I thinks I got it bad. I'm eyeballing my old rig I've had sitting in my closet for a year now.....thinking about putting it to good use.

well ...off to read the stickies

Just started folding for team32 around 32 minutes and i have already completed 30000 of 1000000 if that means anything :shrug: currently with the machine on my sig, CPU 100% TEMP 55C :p

I got sucked into the fold too... what can I say?

I've started Folding with both the rigs in my sig... 3665 pts. & 30WU so far!

hibner said:
Well after after being around these forums long enough, I guess the folding bug bit me. I cranked out my first WU this morning for 66 points. :attn: I am folding for team 32 of course under the name hibner. I'm not in any sub team yet, but I can be bribed. I am using the graphical client until i get used to things. My idle temps went up 3 or 4 degrees. So what do I do? Thats right, new fans. I thinks I got it bad. I'm eyeballing my old rig I've had sitting in my closet for a year now.....thinking about putting it to good use.

well ...off to read the stickies

Yup, I'd suggest using that old rig, I've found even a slow Celeron (2.7ghz) of my family's can punch out some BIG points! 150+, and it holds down the fort when my sig rig (lol) isn't running

It's been forever, but I installed 1 click F@H for Team32, 5 minutes ago & have 5% done already. :D

EDIT: registered as WarriorIII

see ya 'round.
:cool:

Last edited:
alright alright, despite the summer heat ill go ahead and start folding for ya'll....

by next summer i should have my old p4 1.4ghz up and folding as well. maybe.

Back