• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have it running as edward on a p4 1.8 and an xp 1700+, the athlon will soon be oced(pending wc setup) but my mom freaks if i even open the case so the 1.8 is gonna be fast enough :mad:

Hi ! Glad to be on board

I just signed on. Here are my rigs:

Cel366 OC'd to 550 W/128MB RAM - Server
PIII 1GHz W/Voodoo5 5500 512MB RAM - Workstation

My work machine isn't on yet... but it will be!

A worthy cause.:burn:

Re: Hi ! Glad to be on board

Patriot said:
I just signed on. Here are my rigs:

Cel366 OC'd to 550 W/128MB RAM - Server
PIII 1GHz W/Voodoo5 5500 512MB RAM - Workstation

My work machine isn't on yet... but it will be!

A worthy cause.:burn:

Welcome to the Fold! :D

Folding stuff

Welcome to the Fold!!

Those links are great for checking your stats as well as the team's stats.

Here is a link to where you can get a nifty monitoring program, that'll tell you how long your WU's will take and how many points you've got.

How long does it take to send in a WU...my duron seems have taken a long time to connect to get a new WU. My WU was sent in at 2:00 am and it is now 9:00 am and just now working on a 2nd WU. I could have had another WU done in that time!..I figured that since yesterday I should have had at least my first 3 WU's done for team 32...I only have 1 done and I know that the Duron was going thru those frames pretty fast. My t-bird seems to chugging along on a "protein Anat"pretty slowly.

Puer Aeternus said:
How long does it take to send in a WU...

Puer, Welcome to the team! Stanford's server's have been going through a little bit of a change recently and WU's have been handed out a bit slow to some of my boxes as well.

My production for the last week was cut in half as my machine's could not aquire a new WU, or had to wait to send the completed work out.

It seems that the problems is solved (at least my production level is back up to normal) so just hang in there and let your machine do the work.

Another thing you might want to check is how many other services you have running. I notice a significant increase in frame times when I have certain programs running. KaZaA adds at least a minute to each frame, the screen saver add's about twenty second per frame, and even Norton Anti-Virus slows me down to a crawl during the weekly scan on my home rig.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask, and again, welcome and thanks for the help.

Wedo

time

It can take as long as 14-16 hours for me to fold a protein A or -anat... on an XP@1602 Mhz. Those are the longest-running WU's I've folded so far.

Try foldmonitor or em3 to monitor the progress. Both will predict the length of time it will take to complete a WU in progress. And if your computers are networked, you can just install the monitoring program on 1 computer and montior all the computers on your network from there.

I am up to 33 WUs Finished for team 32. Both my systems running 24/7 (most of the time)
my folding sign on is [email protected]
how can I make sure they are being credited to team 32.. I know that is the team number I put in.

Who said it was a perfectly good airplane?
Shut Up And Jump!
Crewdog6969 <<<skydiving term...not a gangster
networked to amd thunderbird 1.4 Bcore msi k7t turbo2
640 pc133 ram hercules 64ddr 4500
Both folding away for team 32

Folding for 32

Welcome to the Fold!!

You should be able to find your name by viewing the stats on www.folding.stanford.edu
Or on www.statsman.org

I'm sorry I don't have more direct links for you, but my XP rig is dead at the moment and so I can't access my favorites list.

keep the WU's coming. i got to pick up my production though, heat is keeping me from running 24/7 on some machines- so you have my envy :D

crewdog6969 said:
I am up to 33 WUs Finished for team 32. Both my systems running 24/7 (most of the time)
my folding sign on is [email protected]
how can I make sure they are being credited to team 32.. I know that is the team number I put in.

Who said it was a perfectly good airplane?
Shut Up And Jump!
Crewdog6969 <<<skydiving term...not a gangster
networked to amd thunderbird 1.4 Bcore msi k7t turbo2
640 pc133 ram hercules 64ddr 4500
Both folding away for team 32

just joined GTSimmo I bring a 1 ghz duron @ 1.333 ghz, I hope to have a P3 500 running in couple weeks just need some spare parts, umm do i just leave this running until it's down, what if i need to turn off my comp?

Last edited:
gtsimmo said:
just joined GTSimmo I bring a 1 ghz duron @ 1.333 ghz, I hope to have a P3 500 running in couple weeks just need some spare parts, umm do i just leave this running until it's down, what if i need to turn off my comp?

Welcome to the team. :D

All contributions are welcome. EVERY little bit helps us to maintain our lead over TeamRage3D.:burn:

gtsimmo said:

Welcome to the team! The program stores it's progress in a file, so rebooting or turning it off:eek: shouldn't hurt anything other than your production. There are times when it will lose it's progress, but most of the time it picks up where it left off. :cool:

dont worry, i'll keep it on. I just finished my first wu, a 5 pointer. And the next one i just got is another 5 pointer, my comp hasnt had a rest since i started folding. Good thing is my my cpu is staying around 43 deg cel, the cooler weather is probably helping alot. Well, at least i know for sure my Duron is stable beyond any doubt. And about your heavies bring them on! I room needs alittle cleaning

Back