• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hi everyone im a new member to the folding at home team. im running a amd 3700 64 oced to 2650 seams to be going well im moveing on up the list.rst of system is corsair xms 1 gig of ram msi mother board kn8 sli.2 western dig hard drives raided at 0.and system is water cooled.if i left any thing out or if u would like to know more drop me a line.allmost forgot my id on the team id cliff.lets go to the top team 32 over clockers rule!

:welcome: to T32 Cliff :thup:

If you need any help/have any questions just start up a thread :)

Glad to have you aboard

:beer: :beer:

Well I just began to fold today. Im using both my desktop and laptop rigs. Perhaps even more stuff eventually! My fold name is Allenander!

SeasonalEclipse said:
Well I just began to fold today. Im using both my desktop and laptop rigs. Perhaps even more stuff eventually! My fold name is Allenander!

:welcome: to T32 Seasonal :)

If you need any help, have questions, ... start up a thread.

:thup:

geez ... looks like a missed saying :welcome: to a few other new T32 members :eek:

so :welcome: to THE TEAM Burninate :thup:

and :welcome: knightwolf6543 :)

and :welcome: tomoracle290 :beer:

and :welcome: ponkan pinoy :clap:

We are glad to have you all folding with us!!!

I've been reading around about folding and whathaveyou for some time now, I've got a grandmother with Alzheimers (I never can spell that right) and a few other relatives with cancer so this has been a topic I've tried to know a little about.

I recently ordered a 3800x2 to upgrade my PC and it hit me : I'm not going to be using all of my computers resources all of the time and I've always wished I could help out said family members in some way. I just never made the connection that by folding if I can't help them out at least I can help out others in the future.

My proc. should arrive friday and once I get through all the BS of a new winblows install, I shall be folding for 32.

Awesome Mooyo! And :welcome: to the team :)

If you need any help, just start up a thread and you will meet many of your teammates :)

Hopefully I'll get the hang of it when I'm done performing surgery on the beast, whenever newegg decides to ship my proc. that is. From what I've read I can just leave F@H on all the time and it will stop using as much resources when I'm using the computer, correct?

Mooyo said:
I've been reading around about folding and whathaveyou for some time now, I've got a grandmother with Alzheimers (I never can spell that right) and a few other relatives with cancer so this has been a topic I've tried to know a little about.

I recently ordered a 3800x2 to upgrade my PC and it hit me : I'm not going to be using all of my computers resources all of the time and I've always wished I could help out said family members in some way. I just never made the connection that by folding if I can't help them out at least I can help out others in the future.

My proc. should arrive friday and once I get through all the BS of a new winblows install, I shall be folding for 32.

:welcome: to the Team !!!

:attn:

sno.lcn said:
Yes, but I think it still holds on to the ram but it shouldn't be much.

I hardly touch the 2 gigs (really shouldn't have bought that much :bang head ) as it is so it shouldn't be a problem.

And thank you for the welcomes :)

Just installed F&H under my username with a 4400+ X2 .Only got my cpu installed 3hrs ago but have wanted to give this a try.How do I know how much I've done

basiliskdragons said:
Just installed F&H under my username with a 4400+ X2 .Only got my cpu installed 3hrs ago but have wanted to give this a try.How do I know how much I've done

:welcome: to T32! :thup:

Is your CPU/rig OC'ed? If so, you should do some stability tests before getting it folding ... If you haven't already.

Monitor your rig closely for the first few WU's ... just to make sure it is stable and not erroring on the WU's.

:beer: :beer:

Back