• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gidday

Hi I just started folding (after a few restarts) today right about now actually.
Friend, dont know his handle yet, asked and I said NO. He slapped me and here I am.:eek:

Glad to help outeven if its only standford
:burn:

1.2 T-Bird
GF2mx
256 meg

Bairn

Re: Gidday

Bairn said:
Hi I just started folding (after a few restarts) today right about now actually.
Friend, dont know his handle yet, asked and I said NO. He slapped me and here I am.:eek:

Glad to help outeven if its only standford
:burn:

1.2 T-Bird
GF2mx
256 meg

Bairn

Welcome to the fold!:D I'm pretty sure you are who Puer Aeternus was talking about ( or there's just one hell of a coincidence there), so if that's the fact, good job Puer!:D

I used tactics from the Spanish Inquisition(Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition:eek: )
Yes slapping Barin around worked a little but it was subjecting his Mother to the "Comfy Pillow" that really worked....Barin cracked and Joined the fold!!!
I tell you folks...Intimidation is the only way to get people on the team. I will round up the boys and go to few houses and threaten to rearange their furniture:p ...I got my Heavies "Righty", "Lefty" and "Chimp"(chimp likes kill'n)!!!

can anyone guess the references above..if not, than I sound like a fool:eh?:

Puer Aeternus said:
I

can anyone guess the references above..if not, than I sound like a fool:eh?:

hmm can i buy a vowel or a hint??

anyway.... WELCOME TO THE FOLD fiveohhh ,Bairn, and gtsimmo and all the others!!!! Glad to hear that you have decided to help us in our cause. Fold on, and keep bringing in new members:)

Ok I have both machines now folding win98 amd1.2 and XP 2000xp+

I registered under team32

How do i find out of what I'm doing is getting recorded for the team? Is there a stats page for the team?

I'm doing a GNRA pfold 314 protein running at about 2min per frame on the XP2000+

the other machine AMD1.2 is doing a P706_src/peptide at about 1hr per frame.

Is there a monitor I can use to look at processing?

thanks.

Would a dual XP machine fold faster? is the program multi threaded?

new folder

just started folding today on the computer on the right in my sig. the other will start tomorrow.
why didnt anyone tell me about this months ago?

Hello, Just joined Team 32 this morning. I'm running a Compaq Presario with 1GHZ Duron, 512 MB RAM and Linux Redhat 7.2 - Expect to be on the team for some time since the machine is always on, this will give it something to do. It's a good project and if I had known it was this easy to get set up I would have jumped on months ago!

Lou

Lou,

Welcome to the team, and your right, only used clock cycles are good clock cycles :D. You should burn some good WU's with that rig.

Cheers,
Wedo

I just installed the software and it's running okay. I'm signed on as MikeT(overclockers.com) in team 32, is that right.
I'm using my main p4 at the moment but I think I'll use my other p4 as well later if it will work from behind the router. gotta put an os on it first I've been using it to practice remote installs.
Mike

Back