• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:welcome: Teh Yoyo!

Wanna race with us? We have a team folding race coming up in just over 3 more days - it's our big annual event.

Race info to get started is here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706764

We'll have race updates, race graphs and anecdotes and even a bit of trash talk (gentle to be sure), all in the upcoming threads and race sites now being built.

Any questions, ask IN THE MAIN FOLDING FORUM. This thread doesn't get a lot of problem solvers digging through it, so in here, your problem might not get much attention.

And great to have you racing with us! :cool:

Race info to get started is here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706764

We'll have race updates, race graphs and anecdotes and even a bit of trash talk (gentle to be sure), all in the upcoming threads and race sites now being built.

Any questions, ask IN THE MAIN FOLDING FORUM. This thread doesn't get a lot of problem solvers digging through it, so in here, your problem might not get much attention.

And great to have you racing with us! :cool:

Happy to be racing w/ you :D Am I an official Team 32 member, now? (I don't know if I'm on the Scores list, yet :shrug:

Happy to be racing w/ you :D Am I an official Team 32 member, now? (I don't know if I'm on the Scores list, yet :shrug:

Yes! But you won't have anything to show on your stats, until 1-4 hours after you have completed a work unit.

Look for a file called either: fahlog.txt, or log.txt, and post the file up (it's very short right now), and I can tell a lot more about what's going on with your folding, OK?

Yes! But you won't have anything to show on your stats, until 1-4 hours after you have completed a work unit.

Look for a file called either: fahlog.txt, or log.txt, and post the file up (it's very short right now), and I can tell a lot more about what's going on with your folding, OK?

Sure thing! Cya tomorrow...it's past my bedtime :D

Had folding set up in '10, but decide I may start some again. Utilities are included in the rent at my office. Might as well use it right?

Oh definitely! :clap:

:welcome: Georanma, and Mkennedy51!

Would you like to race with us? Race starts on the 15th and lasts 10 days. This is an annual team folding race, so everyone is welcome!

how long is the race. Could turn on my 920 for it if its a big help

Race is 10 days, May 15th to May 25th, Noon to Noon.

We are starting on the 14th so we'll have work ready to turn in, on the 15th. (some folders need to start on the 13th, but they know who they are, and have planned accordingly)

Anything with two or 4 or more cores, will be very useful. Single cores are now obsolete for folding. Dual cores are useful, but struggle with the deadlines, so I think of them as doubtful for racing.

Thanks for the welcome and the clarification.

So far, I have my FX-8150 and my Phenom II 920 going.

Currently, I am putting as much of my personal use onto one of my laptops for the upcoming week and will try to add a few more PCs to the race. I have a few multicore towers stacked in the closet doing nothing.

Would it be worthwhile for me to include my surplus HP laptop core i3 with 8GB RAM and/or a Lenovo S10-3 N450 2GB RAM?

:welcome: Vic!

Generally laptops are not recommended for Folding@Home, because they have thermal design problems (they get too hot).

Some are fine though. I've folded on mine for years. Give it a try, but watch the heat, and do not fold on the gpu inside the laptop, even if the folding client would like to do so. Those always have trouble with heat, folding in a laptop. Also, never fold when you're using battery power! That's a big no-no.

The Gromac's coders wrote some efficient code!!

We'll take what ever you can throw our way, every extra point we get helps us on the road to victory :) Just watch heat build up on laptops.

Back