• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started folding my rig few hours ago.

My rig
2.66 GHz northy running stock (45c, little-no time to OC)
258 meg samsung 2700 SDRAM running stock ( I already know I need more but I don't have the cacheflow right now)

I'll try to get a PIII 1.3 GHz laptop in some folding action, but it'll be part time at best.

HI! I've been folding for about a week now, just never posted here, sorry! My 2100 is going about 12 hours a day (its too damn loud to run in a dorm room 24/7) and I got my roommates ghetto laptop going too, but its done like 30 frames in the last day and a half :eek:, I'm going to borg my family comps over spring break, so thats another 2.4 ghz, and i have a letter in to the vice pres of my university about the 300 comps here on campus. Let you guys know as soon as I hear something.

FOLDING AS FAST AS I CAN

hehe, well welcome to the new members thread and welcome to the team :D

can't wait to see what can happen to the comps on campus there :D

FOLD ON
NAS

i would like to welcome Disco_Stu to the team, but you do know that campus computers fold faster with the username of Dagamore, i dont know why this is but they do :D

JOIN?

How do I join team 32 folding I got this monster H20 cooled beast drueling for some CYCLES.. Please inform me how I can be of service.

PalominoBURN, joining is simple, just go to the Folding main site, download the correct client for you, and when you run it, it will ask for a username, you can use anything, and when it ask for the team number just put in 32. and pow now you are part of the team, and welome to the fold bad pun i know but :D

here is the main web site on this issue http://folding.stanford.edu/

dagamore said:
PalominoBURN, joining is simple, just go to the Folding main site, download the correct client for you, and when you run it, it will ask for a username, you can use anything, and when it ask for the team number just put in 32. and pow now you are part of the team, and welome to the fold bad pun i know but :D

here is the main web site on this issue http://folding.stanford.edu/

I think it is best to add (www.overclockers.com) on to the end of your username . This helps to ensure that no one else out there has your identical name . Or chooses your name .

i started folding two days ago... i have a 2000 athlon and an 800 celeron folding 24/7.... i just have to stop my dad from turning off the celeron... i dunno why he does that.... it uses like 2W of power. anyway, i'm folding for team 32 under "themightybuck"

how do i check stats for teams, especially team 32?

and also, where can i download a f@home screensaver? so it looks like the protein that it's folding? (similar to seti@home)

thanks.

TheMightyBuck thanks for joining, the team, and good luck with pa, on leaving the damn cpu on all the time, :D and i have no idea about the screensaver, i dont use them, dont like them, but thats just me and i am weird :(

efini said:
I joined two weeks ago but didn't have the chance to register to post. 3.0ghz P4 now added to the team.

-efini

chasingapple said:
Just joined the folding@home team under the name OCAddict4Ever, cheers

Desktop #2 below added :D

WElcome to both of you! we are glad to have you here! let us know if you have any questions and we will be more that delighted to lend a hand!

FOLD ON
NAS

yeah, screw that damn screensaver, i tried to get it to work, but the console is much better.... i don't even notice it anymore.

now folding gromacs, thanks to whoever it was from bakersfield CA, who had the great how-to.

Back