• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys for the warm welcome :cool:
Thank you, done.. I am not at the moment, is there a significant difference ?
I am not very good at Linux but I am able to get it running properly(takes some time).

You should be able to get 300K to 330K PPD running it on Linux. I get a little less than that, but I'm running 3 cards on one board and I may be having bandwidth issues on the cards. Of my 3 cards, one gets about 300K, the second gets about 280K, and the third bounces between 240K and 280K.

GPU folding is the way to go, unless Stanford makes significant changes (again). I'm folding on a dual Opteron 2435 Dell Poweredge 2970, and while its not the best machine out there, its far better than anything else I have at the moment.

I have been away from folding for a few years. Boy howdy, it's cold! I've started folding again. My goal is to catch and pass Silver_Pharaoh. I suggest rolling up your windows, Silver, I'll be blowin' past ya!<- Who said that originally? torin?

I have been away from folding for a few years. Boy howdy, it's cold! I've started folding again. My goal is to catch and pass Silver_Pharaoh. I suggest rolling up your windows, Silver, I'll be blowin' past ya!<- Who said that originally? torin?

Now you know that you have to give S_P some kind of chance :) I say atleast one video card tied behind your back :thup: :rofl:

You're not on my threat list yet so I still have time to get that 2nd rig going. :D

You should be able to get 300K to 330K PPD running it on Linux. I get a little less than that, but I'm running 3 cards on one board and I may be having bandwidth issues on the cards. Of my 3 cards, one gets about 300K, the second gets about 280K, and the third bounces between 240K and 280K.

Thanks man, then it IS worth it. I am already experiencing less PPD with 2x GTX970 in 1x mobo,
so I am setting Linux up ASAP..(trying it out again on me test setup)

Happy Folding T32 :thup:

Welcome back..

Linux installed on test setup today installing Linux OS on my 2x other rigs.
installed it next to windows so I can just revert back to windows, but F@H is running fine on Linux :thup:

Happy Folding T32 :salute:

Hi Guys!
Just joined up... My rig is below. Currently saying my PPD is at 980k and climbing... I've never done this before so no idea why or if thats accurate. Also it said that my CPU failed... any ideas?

My name on the team is Mortuus.

Thanks!

P.S. now it's saying my PPD is 1,051,124... still climbing.View attachment 178285

Hi Guys!
Just joined up... My rig is below. Currently saying my PPD is at 980k and climbing... I've never done this before so no idea why or if thats accurate. Also it said that my CPU failed... any ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. now it's saying my PPD is 1,051,124... still climbing.View attachment 178285

Drop your core count to 12, I remember reading that core 21 WU's want or need 2 CPU cores (that is a 8 core 16 thread CPU right?)

Hi Guys!

Thanks!

P.S. now it's saying my PPD is 1,051,124... still climbing.

Welcome, welcome!

I think you are probably going to hit at least 1.2M if not higher.

What WhitehawkEQ said is good advice. Running a killer setup like that, the contribution from the CPU is going to be fairly small. I personally don't fold on the CPU anymore on systems with more than 1 card in them.

You're probably going to be in the top 10 daily producers in just a few days!

Once again, welcome to the team!

Edit: Also, I notice that you've turned in 11 work units for only 7500 points. Do you have a FAH Passkey setup? You won't get the Quick Return Bonus without one.

HAHA Thanks for the welcome guys! I stopped the folding last night after I saw the FAILED message on CPU. Wasn't sure what that meant. I decided to disable the CPU and am just folding on my 2 Titan X GPUs. It's been running since 9am this morning. I probably won't run it 24/7 but I'll let it go a good amount.

Josh

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. How often does the Ranking stuff update?

Hi Guys!
Just joined up... My rig is below.

And what a sweet rig you have there my friend!! :) :) :)

attachment.php

And what a sweet rig you have there my friend!! :) :) :)

attachment.php

Thanks! Ive done one 24hr run so far. I am stopping until I get my new external radiator setup. I just ordered the parts. My current setup does okay but my CPU temp goes over 90*C within 45 seconds when folding. Time for more cooling. :)

Howdy Folks,
Old timer checking in since I was MIA for awhile. I have a lot to catch up on and a teeny budget. My folding will not be efficient at all starting out. It will be like my early days when I was folding on a 366 celeron.

Hey Old Timer :)

Welcome back, glad to have you (re) joining the team. *A LOT* has changed, be sure to check out the recent threads and ask any questions. (I'm still asking plenty myself!)

See you around!!!

attachment.php

Hey Guys,

I'm not new to the forums or folding, but this is my first time folding for team 32! Running quad gtx 750tis in one machine at the moment (Slightly old, but still fold pretty well). Hitting a tad over 100k ppd, hoping to get some more out of it with some tweaking. Folding under my username here.

Back