• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeeDj

Firstly welcome to the team, if you need any help getting the client setup or tips and tricks please feel free to ask any questions you would like answered here in the folding forum. We hope sincerely that you will enjoy folding as much as we do, and look forward to your contributions towards the folding team.

You can find more information at the team page;

http://folding.octeams.com/

We all hope sincerely you enjoy your stay here, please let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely, SpeeDj :cool:

*Updated to fix the URL*

Last edited:
Just joined but I didnt check if there was somebody else with my name first then I find out that there is someone else so I uninstalled then reinstalled. I'm registered as sonnystation now, under team 32. Did I get it right?

Thats right sonny and according to F&H you've already turned in a wu. Fold on:burn:

SpeeDj: Thanks for the new "New Member" sticky.

Last edited:
well im not exactly new, ive fold for oc.com before but im up for good now.

hey hey.

ive got two systems folding for oc.com the one in my sig
and a p3 800
256 pc133
voodoo3 3000

:) hope i can help beat out those punks at [H] and those ausies

my science teacher wants to put her macs on here lol

ok im gonna start lookin for info here now, but shes interested in doing protein folding prog instead of the seti@home extraterrestial thing she has now. :D

Temperatures

I just started Folding tonight and just about to finish a WU, but ive noticed my cpu temp has gone up a lot. I usually idle @ 29 C
but now its @ 44 C without me doing anything. I relize my CPU clocks are being used so its not really idleing. Is this alright? Im going to leave it on all day while im in school (7am-6pm because of sports). Could the extra heat cause any damage or something soon or in a few months? I dont want anything to happen while im not here and come home to a overheated and crippled computer.

Also..... just an as if..........

If the computer overheated and it locked up, would the temperature continue to rise to the point where the components would damage?

folding uses 100% of your cpu or whats left over that would total 100%
so your comp is put under pretty heavy stress when you fold.

so those your temps will rise, but that much is questionable.

mine went up only 4-6c from idle when i fold. so that is something to watch.

oh and 44c is an ok load temp for an oced comp, but its just a 15c rise from idle to load that worries me.

cooling

I dont overclock except my video card is OC'd slightly but there is little heat comeing from it. I could add more cooling. I have a 120mm fan lying around which I took out because it was too loud and I didnt need it. I could put it in and only run it when im not home....... or mabey I need it when I am home? I dont think ive seen my CPU temp this high, except when I was running another program that took 100% of my CPU. Since it idled so low I didnt test the load temp.

i just added a duron 886 hope this helps, I'm registered as peppy182 now, under team 32. Did I get it right?

peppy said:
i just added a duron 886 hope this helps, I'm registered as peppy182 now, under team 32. Did I get it right?

Looks good. Welcome to the team. That duron should do well. :)

GO TEAM 32!

lol i am now folding on my family computer (the only 1 that has internet access at the moment) it is a PIII 866 and its a dell so it old has basics (128mb of ram, who knows what vid card) it will help. what does it mean when it says WU Progress: 2/100? doesn that mean 2 WU's are completed or 2/100 (2 over 100) of 1 WU is completed?

Re: GO TEAM 32!

DManeKid said:
lol i am now folding on my family computer (the only 1 that has internet access at the moment) it is a PIII 866 and its a dell so it old has basics (128mb of ram, who knows what vid card) it will help. what does it mean when it says WU Progress: 2/100? doesn that mean 2 WU's are completed or 2/100 (2 over 100) of 1 WU is completed?

Looks good. Welcome to the team.
When the client downloads part of a protein to work on it divides it into frames, sort of like a movie. The WU that you have has 100 frames to be calculated and so far it has completed 2 of those frames. When it reaches 100 frames it will have completed 1 WU and will send the results to Stanford, or at least it should.
In this case 2/100 means that you completed 2% of 1 WU.

hi, I started running f@h about 2,5 days ago. 1.6Ghz p3 (well cel [email protected]) running 24h/d. and got today duron700 working parttime too. now I've returned ~8 wu w/ nick dOER, team 32 of course :) (7wu p3, 1wu duron)

anyway this project seems to make more point than seti... and f@h prog multitasks better too than s@h(ran seti ~1000h)

Hey, just started folding for team 32 last night (about 15 hours ago) and turned in a WU. I have two comps on it, the one in my sig and another 450 P3. Maybe I can get my 800 laptop in this too. Actually, my 450 is just about to return another unit bumping me up to two and my other is at about 80 percent. whoopee! (I am forceflow2 for F@H)

Just signed up....hoping to do some good in the world. I also tried to install this on my work computer, but it keeps locking up...

Welcome to the Fold! If you have any questions just ask away. We'll help as much as we can:D We also have milestones posted on the team website and your name will be added to those as you reach the milestone.

Back