• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[dead deal]Sapphire HD5870 Newegg $379.99 It has begun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Appears to be in stock now.

*Edit - and now.....back OOS

Last edited:
WEll MSRP was supposed to be $400 last I heard, so after Newegg price gouging I would say it is a deal.

When it comes down to $300 I will start looking for used ones :)

after gettin a gtx 260 for 100 shipped i can hardly call this a deal haha.... i wont ever buy a bleeding edge high end card again after my 500 dollar 8800gts 640.

Naw, it's closer to 15-20% faster than a GTX 280/285. Doesn't beat a GTX 295 or 4870X2 though :-/

It doesn't beat the 4870X2? I figured it would at least tie it since it has the same number of SPs. I thought it was just double everything that the 4870 had, but w/ a smaller process (40nm), and a few small arch changes. That and since all the SP's are in the same die you don't have to deal w/ inter-die latencies.

It doesn't beat the 4870X2? I figured it would at least tie it since it has the same number of SPs. I thought it was just double everything that the 4870 had, but w/ a smaller process (40nm), and a few small arch changes. That and since all the SP's are in the same die you don't have to deal w/ inter-die latencies.

It's basically even with 4870X2 overall. Ahead in some stuff, behind in others. It's pretty much the same jump Nvidia made going from the 9800GX2 to GTX 280.

The card is between gtx 295 and 4870x2 performance , and that's with beta drivers , its beats both on some games so performance will likely increase with new drivers releases .

Back