• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[dead deal]Sapphire HD5870 Newegg $379.99 It has begun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
glad to see another person like me

I hate it when they put stupid graphics on stuff

id rather just have one solid color at that point

Oh the irony. The delicious, yummy irony. :beer:

(You "are", afterall, Rick Flair. Known for your "attitude" and, judging by the robe you're wearing in your avatar pic, not too fond of singular colors. At. All.) :p

2 free games also, too bad I don't really need to waste $400 on a card lol. And I thought the 5870 was supposed to support 6 monitors?

ATI comes up big!

The 5870 is one smoking video card. It's a beast. Expensive but that card is gonna kill any game on the market.

I'm gonna jump over to ATI soon. Nvidia good bye! I want my system to be a full Dragon Platform anyways. AMD has done a great job on making video graphics cards. For Nvidia I won't start on what I think of them. :)

Considering what Nvidia charges for their top of the line stuff, I would say 380 is a deal. Wait until Nvidia charges you 600 for their new top card, it will make this feel like clearance price.

after gettin a gtx 260 for 100 shipped i can hardly call this a deal haha.... i wont ever buy a bleeding edge high end card again after my 500 dollar 8800gts 640.
That's exactly how I feel about cards these days. I upgraded from my X850XT to an HD4670 for ~$70, and it's been great. Plays all the games I want and uses very little power.

That's exactly how I feel about cards these days. I upgraded from my X850XT to an HD4670 for ~$70, and it's been great. Plays all the games I want and uses very little power.

The thing is, his GTX 260 deal was a database error that only some people were honored for through Dell.com.

I was around during that time and people from SlickDeals were maxing out their credit cards on them.

A LOT of people got emails of cancellation.

Deals like that aren't the norm and this thread was created as a heads up for people who consider getting the card at launch a deal. It was done with the 4800 series, GTX 200 series and other launch cards.

ordered up a XFX 5870 on Wednesday. Shipping info says "OUT FOR DELIVERY" for today. I'll be overclocking by days end. lets hope i dont break it on the first day.

Back