• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heat pipes and gravity...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I recall some cases of heatpiped processors not working as well when sat down compared to on the side, but i cant really beleive it, i can be proved wrong though..

A little bit, but they're all internal wick type heatpipes if that is what you mean.
Typically there is a 0-3*c difference (varies by heatsink) between laying the mobo down for gravity return and it standing up forcing wicking return.

A little bit, but they're all internal wick type heatpipes if that is what you mean.
Typically there is a 0-3*c difference (varies by heatsink) between laying the mobo down for gravity return and it standing up forcing wicking return.

Just as an FYI, if you are trying to represent degrees, you can do so by holding down the ALT key and pressing 2 4 8 on your number pad to get the ° character.

ALT+(number) seems to change tabs here in Ubuntu/firefox.
Which is actually pretty awesome, I've been wondering how to change tabs with the keyboard for quite some time.

I used to know many of the common keyboard shortcuts for Macintosh option key + 4 for example gets me ¢ sign.

Back