• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best way to connect motherboard and CPU block on EVGA Classified?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revivalist

I'm setting up a new system with a EVGA E760 Classified and EK-FB_EVGA_X58_Classified motherboard waterblock.

I'm wondering what is the best way to connect the motherboard and CPU blocks? I know that if I just use a typical hose connect, it’s going to kink. You can see what I mean in this pic. Notice how close the top hole of the motherboard block is to the CPU . . .

Classifiedwithwaterblock.jpg

So I’m thinking about using two of these 90 Degree Rotary Fittings.

elbowphp.jpg

I figure I could put one on the CPU block, and one on the motherboard block. Then I can just run a hose directly between them. Would that work?

I'm not 100% sure but i think 2 X 45 degree fittings would give you a little less restriction but again i'm not 100% sure of that

Those barbs would work great. the bitspower barbs are nice and have great flow. IMHO I would use 2 45's instead to give you a little more flexbility incase they aren't the same height.

BTW, If you do use tubing I'm sure you can get it to bend without a kink if your using decent quality.

Bitspower make a U fitting. I'm looking at a similar set up. Please, post a pic when you're done.

Attachments

• BP-SR5D_03.jpg
    BP-SR5D_03.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 103
I'm not 100% sure but i think 2 X 45 degree fittings would give you a little less restriction but again i'm not 100% sure of that

Those barbs would work great. the bitspower barbs are nice and have great flow. IMHO I would use 2 45's instead to give you a little more flexbility incase they aren't the same height.

BTW, If you do use tubing I'm sure you can get it to bend without a kink if your using decent quality.
Great idea, guys! . . . So I think I'm going to go with these 45-degree fittings instead. . .

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...Degree_Rotary_12_Barb_Fitting_BP-BS45R2I.html

ex-tub-452.jpg

As mentioned, I think those will have less restriction and it will probably be easier to route the hose. I think with the 90 degree fittings they would have to be almost exactly the same height to connect with a hose.

Bitspower make a U fitting. I'm looking at a similar set up. Please, post a pic when you're done.
What would you do with that?

the bitspower 90's don't have any restriction so to speak, some of course, but no more than a el-cheapo barb with a small inner bore. So if those would be the same height go with those for sure, the long sweep 90's aka rotories, offer no restriction at all.

Back