• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading to SSD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your PSU is the heart of keeping your computer running. I had a crappy Antec that ran just fine for a little over a year and then one day it blew and took my video card and motherboard with it. I learned the hard way. I strongly believe that you're headed down the same path, as do others.

Scrap the SSD nonsense for now and get a better PSU. You will thank yourself later. Or don't listen and come home one day to a faint, electronics burnt smoke smell. Either way, its your system.

I'm with mjw21a. Your system and your money. Don't listen to us.

ive had it running fine for a over a year. the SSD will reduce power to 215 full load. this is FULL LOAD PSU USAGE! i never have my system at full load. and ive only benched ONCE in my life with 3dmark06 DEMO.

If it's the system in your sig, you are not using 200+w. The system in my sig (CPU is oc'ed to 3Ghz) draws more power than what you have and i don't get over 170w AC usage. DC would be around 80% of that so maybe 140w roughly.

In any case, you should be looking for an indilinx or samsung based drive. The 64GB Supertalent ME (now GX) was on sale at newegg about 2 months ago for around $140 USD. Great deal if you ask me. I think the OCZ Summit went for around the same price a month later. Keep an eye out, the deals can be had.

Back