Frontpage Workflow

This thread outlines the process of how an article gets from the writer onto the frontpage.

Step 1:
    Authors get a wordpress account created, then write their piece directly on Overclockers.com

Step 2:
    Authors save their article as a draft in wordpress, then notify the Content Editors via email or PM that they are ready to have their article editted

Step 3:
    A. If the material is ready, the content editor clicks the "submit for review" button which sends it to mdcomp, splat, hokiealumnus, or JoeC, then the content editor updates the status thread that their article is awaiting publishing
    B. If the material is not ready, the content editor PMs or emails a proofreader (ratbuddy or wonderingsoul), or makes/suggests changes to the author. If considerable editting changes are made, the content editor receives the authors approval for the changes, then clicks the "submit for review" button

Step 4:
    The article is given a final review by mdcomp, splat, hokiealumnus, or JoeC, then it's scheduled and published
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 12-02-09 at 01:21 PM.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Checked this for accuracy, it's still current.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Updated first post for wordpress
    The OC Forums Way

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Authors, please take note of Step #2. When you complete your article, save it as Draft and do not move it to Pending Review.

After saving it as Draft, contact your Content Editor and let them know the piece is done. They will then review it for necessary changes. Once they're done with it (and after corresponding with the author if necessary), they will then move it to Pending Review.

Thanks!

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build