• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P6T Delux V2; Ram Channels

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

I know this may be a topic for the Ram section, but no one has given an answer that uses this P6T board. On this particular board there is a note in the manual that says:

"Due to INTEL spec definition, X.M.P. DIMMS and DDR3- 1600 are supported for one DIMM per channel only"

what does this mean specifically? is it for XMP OC's or OC's with DDR3-1600mhz ram? I interpolate this as if i was to put "6gigs of Corsair DDR3-1600mHz" (or any 1600mhz) ram then it could only be 2 gig sticks in channels A1, B1 and C1. However, if i wanted 12 gigs of ram, how would it work since i could only place one DDR3-1600 per channel to get?

or am i just not comprehending my reading? I am a newbie to the deeper fundamentals of the inter-workings of computer "tuning" and OC'ing.

Underneath that statement in the manual, it says...
According to Intel spec definition, DDR3-1600MHz is supported for one DIMM per one channel only. ASUS exclusively provides two DDR3-1600 DIMM support for each memory channel
Then below that under the QVL for DDR3-1600MHz compatibility, it lists...
Code:
Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D (XMP) 6GB (kit of 3) DS 8-8-8-24 1.65v
... and also 6GB of the C9 version (also XMP) at 9-9-9-24, also DS (double-sided). As far as running 12GB, it looks to me as though you'd be limited to DDR3-1333MHz.

are you asking whether that means 2x1600 + 1x1333 per channel? Is a channel 3 RAM sticks in the say yellow/green/whatever colour depending on board?

So are you asking would all the RAM in a channel run at 1333?

I know next to nothing so forgive me if this makes no sense.

K, got ya! thanks for the reply, I am still learnin, and these forums have been real helpful! the ram i curently have does not support XMP, but i a, wanting to practice OC'ing with these i have now, then move to an XMP set to see and practice the interworkings of my overall system...

Thanks again!

Back