• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think i have wrecked my rig please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craney

Registered
hi guys think i may have done something bad to my rig, i was trying to overclock my ram to 1066 and now my rig wont boot, i have moved the jumper on the cmos to try and reset it i moved the jumper back and tried to boot but it wont boot up, all the fans come on and it sounds like its struggling to boot up kinda stop start get nothing on the monitor what have i done please help me out

thanks a million

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-039-KS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=817
Kingston HyperX 4GB

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-357-AS&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1482
Asus M4A785D-M Pro AMD 785G

I have taken out the graphics card which has got rid of the strange fan noise i was talking about, i tried reseating it with no luck, conected the monitor to the dvi port on the motherboard but still not getting any image, the computer does seem to boot up tho but dont hear anythng like the windows tune so im really not sure

With the video card removed and the monitor connected to the onboard GPU, do you get a POST beep? Try resetting CMOS again, this time also removing the board's battery... both according to the instructions in your MB manual.

I had a similar problem with my rig. I have the m4a78-e mobo which is probably pretty similar to yours. I ended up having to remove all but one stick of ram, reset cmos, boot up and put in timings that worked, then turn it off and put in the rest of my ram. Its probably not the easiest way to fix the problem but it worked for me.

not to sure on removing the battery i have a look in the manual but im sure it only states about resetting with the jumpers nothing about removing the battery, as for beeps no beeps at all when booting up

From the MB manual, section 1.9...

If the steps above do not help (in regards to "Clear RTC RAM (CLRTC)"), remove the onboard battery and move the jumper again to clear the CMOS RTC RAM data. After clearing the CMOS, reinstall the battery.

it wont boot up, all the fans come on and it sounds like its struggling to boot up kinda stop start get nothing on the monitor what have i done please help me out

thanks a million

Sounds like what my Asus P5QL Pro did a little while ago, because when I was changing the frequency settings, the BIOS applied the wrong OC settings when I was switching to another setting.

You must take out the CR2032 battery and move the CMOS jumper to the other position for at least about 10 seconds then put the CMOS jumper back to the original position and then put the CR2032 battery back in.

i have done all of the above with no luck, i have contacted overclockers and told them the problem and they told me to send the items back to them for testing, they said it sounds like a motherboard fault, i have tried everything with no luck at all

Disconnect or remove everything that's not needed for the PC to POST, including all but 1 stick of RAM, video card (since the board has an on-board GPU), HDD's, opticals, TV card, LAN card, etc. You might also want to check out the sticky thread above...

"Help My Pc Won't Boot!" Troubleshooting Guide
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=266936

Back