• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long video card in antec 300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

Hey all, im interested in knowing if anyone has fit say an XFX, EVGA, Zotac, or MSI GTX260 into the 300. The 300 is a nice case its just a little cramped inside.

Has anyone put a 260 in it? or can measure me the dimensions of their 260 so i can go and measure my case to see if i'll need to dremel out the HDD rack a little, lol.

Thanks all

just built a friend a rig using an antec 300... a nice i5 rig... used a standard length gtx 260 216 and you have about 3/8ths of an inch to play with... it fits but your not going to be putting any hds in front of it.

just built a friend a rig using an antec 300... a nice i5 rig... used a standard length gtx 260 216 and you have about 3/8ths of an inch to play with... it fits but your not going to be putting any hds in front of it.

Yeh. The antec 300 does not have any play room beyond a full size atx motherboard, so any video card that is close to that size (as all cards are nowadays) will be a tight fit indeed.

Built a rig for my mate with a GTX275 inside a Antec 300, it was a very tight fit, less than a centimeter of clearance between the end of the card and the hd rack.

This case seems to be tailor made for ATI Cards(4850-4890). There's plenty of room for an HD4870 Xfire setup in an Antec300 if you manage your cables.

Unfortunately, that extra inch of length with the nvidia cards makes things alot harder than they have to be.

I've got an XFX GTX 260 Core 216 sitting in mine right now. It fit, not too hard of a squeeze either, didn't have to remove the hard drive bays or anything.

I have the same case with a Radeon HD 5770. I wonder is it possible to fit a GTX 570 into this case?

Nvidia says the standard length of gtx570 is 10.5 inch: in the second picture, is it measured from A or B?

Attachments

• antec300+5770_PCIE.jpg
    antec300+5770_PCIE.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 7,994
  • NVIDIA_PCIE_LENGTH.jpg
    NVIDIA_PCIE_LENGTH.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3,818
Last edited:
oK, i see.

Antec's website says, for Antec 300,
"Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)"

I suppose that means part of the card has to go into the hard drive bay...

technically it doesnt go into the bay, but it comes flush with the bay so its not possible to have a 3.5" drive in it. gtx 480/ gtx 580 fits.

oK, i see.

Antec's website says, for Antec 300,
"Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)"

I suppose that means part of the card has to go into the hard drive bay...

Card doesn't have to go into the HD bay. It'll fit any length card AFAIK. It's just the hard drives stick OUT of the hard drive bay :screwy:

My GTX 460 fits just fine in my 300, but I moved my HD to the bottom slot in the cage. BUT, I have a mATX board.

Back