• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5870X2 in Nov/Dec for around $500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essenar

r6764936.jpg

It's looking like ATI is staying true to their "sweet spot" plan. But where does the 5870 stand if such is true?

No one will buy a 5870 for $380 when $120 more gets you nearly double the performance with one PCI-Express slot, and when $259 gets you nearly the same performance.

I see a price drop happening.

$300 HD5870, $220 HD5850 with the HD5870X2 being $499 at launch with rebates.

I don't think ATI is even concerned with competition from Nvidia when it comes to price drops, because I think their main concern is to move a lot of cards and gain a lot of trust and market share while the iron is hot.

It'll come out higher than 500$ imo. I would think 599$ -> Wait for Nvidia to release something new -> then price drop.

It seems silly to drop your own card's prices due to a card that you're releasing. The rule is always, if you got the halo GPU, you get to charge a butt load for it and people will pay it :)

The 5870x2 is going to blow GT200 up.

I'm waiting for Eyefinity enabled 5870x2's to come out before I get a next gen card. I plan on getting a 2nd 4890 to hold me over until then.

Back