• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Professional Full Version $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've used 'method 3' outlined here to 'clean install' from an 'upgrade' license: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media with both Vista and Win 7 successfully. (I got Win 7 fairly early and didn't know about the other methods, and it was the one I was familiar with from Vista. I've actually 'clean installed' the same Win 7 product key twice using method 3 and didn't have to call, separated by a good 6+ months though which may help. Since I have legit unused Windows product keys that qualify for upgrade I have no problem whatsoever using these workarounds.)

I bought this upgrade a year ago when my daughter was taking some college classes in her senior year in high school and had an edu email addy. I bought the 64 bit pro version and installed it on a new machine. The way I did it was just like with doing an upgrade version of Vista on a new machine. I installed it and didn't enter the product key. Then I re-ran the install and told it to upgrade on the install that didn't have a product key. It worked fine for me and it's the install I have on my main system I am typing this on right now. I doubt sincerely that Microsoft has changed things around since I did my install in the last year or so.

Back