• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Professional Full Version $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have the upgrade version or Full? I thought with either though you could just boot from the disk and go....

I used windows AIK to make a bootable dvd with my download from w741 (digitalriver).

I was able to order mine through microsoft but they couldn't send me a physical disk because they were out. So they said I can download it instead.
I paid $30 total no tax.
I got 1 key

My Download opitions were.
Windows 7 Pro Retail 32 (this is the .exe installer)
Windows 7 Pro Retail 64 (this is the .exe installer)
Windows 7 Pro Retail 32 ISO
Windows 7 Pro Retail 64 ISO

I could download as many of each as I wanted to but I still only had 1 key.

TO MAKE THIS CLEAR I ORDERED MINE THROUGH MICROSOFT ON THE PHONE AND WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD IT FOR $30.
They said i could pay $14.99+s/h for a recovery disk.

EDIT: Just tried to Use the Retail Version of Windows 7 Pro to Upgrade from Windows 7 RC 7100. This is what I got.

I'm guessing being able to upgrade is a glitch or just for the upgrade version.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the upgrade is really a glitch, but you're going from the top model (ultimate) to Pro... that's probably why it's giving a problem. If you had Pro RC installed, it may have worked. Anyway, I'm not sure if upgrading from RC is even possible in general.

Yeah, it appears that it is seeing your RC version as W7 Ultimate and you can't "upgrade" to a "lower" version of any OS. (You can't go from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Pro either). Your only option is a clean install, which I prefer anyhow. :)

Yeah, it appears that it is seeing your RC version as W7 Ultimate and you can't "upgrade" to a "lower" version of any OS. (You can't go from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Pro either). Your only option is a clean install, which I prefer anyhow. :)

DEFINITELY PREFERRED!!!

RC has always been the Ultimate version. And the upgrade paths have been posted for several months.....

You can't upgrade from an RC. That's what the guy on the phone told me. You have to do a complete install.

You can't upgrade from an RC. That's what the guy on the phone told me. You have to do a complete install.

On the last page IMOG said that it has been confirmed that someone got the RC to upgrade to full.

all i see is a .exe file and some setupfile, how do i convert these to a boot up iso?

There should be a dropdown menu for alternate downloads if your going through microsoft.

GAH! I'm so ****ed off. I ordered Win 7 Pro for $100 in the mid-summer pre-order deal, then the same day it shipped my employer emailed me that I can get ultimate for $12.

Good news citizens, it appears the download from win741 (Digital River) is a full version, not an upgrade. I created a bootable disc with the install files using Windows AIK and it didn't ask for any copy of windows to already be installed. I just chose custom installation and didn't have any previous OS already installed. Worked like a charm and key was fine and activated. :)

I will confirm this but I thought everyone knew and thats why I didn't post it. I did the same thing except created my bootable disc with imgburn and I installed on a brand new fresh hard drive out of the package. NO problems at all. And btw it is VERY fast compared to my vista.

Good news citizens, it appears the download from win741 (Digital River) is a full version, not an upgrade. I created a bootable disc with the install files using Windows AIK and it didn't ask for any copy of windows to already be installed. I just chose custom installation and didn't have any previous OS already installed. Worked like a charm and key was fine and activated. :)

Anything special you had to do to burn to CD/DVD? Wonder if I could do an install from a USB key..

I don't plan to install Windows 7 until I rebuild my rig in a couple of weeks, but looking forward to trying out Win7, especially for 30 smackers!

theultimatesteal.com website where you can get Office 2007 Ultimate for $59.99 has a direct link to Windows 7 Pro for $29.99.

Anything special you had to do to burn to CD/DVD? Wonder if I could do an install from a USB key..

I don't plan to install Windows 7 until I rebuild my rig in a couple of weeks, but looking forward to trying out Win7, especially for 30 smackers!

There are many guides to making your usb drive bootable, it would work in the same way. Just copy over the install files, make it bootable, and you could install from the flash drive. :beer:

I called them this morning and there was no wait. Still waiting on the confirmation email. According to the sales rep I talked to its exactly the same as whats in stores...

Back