• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Professional Full Version $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
If you have a valid .EDU email address you can call Microsoft directly at 1.877.696.7786 and order a copy of Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium for the same price of $30.

This is believed to be a full Retail Boxed Copy. I already placed an order and it came to $36 shipped.

I saw this on Slickdeals.

Here you go. This deal has been around for a little bit. I believe it is an upgrade version.

It could be a newer deal, but it doesn't sound like it. The difference is, the website will be offering the download on Thursday, so the servers are likely to be hammered.

No this is not an upgrade. This is the full version. I verified myself with the sales rep and then again once I received my confirmation email.

So, what all information do they ask? your email, school, etc? how do they verify the email and such while you are on the phone?

Thanks for this though, might need to do it :)

I’m not sure of the legality but a .edu is all they asked for no additional information.

Calling right now... though the legality of it I do believe you are supposed to be a student ;)

Edit: Just talked to MS - You need a .edu email, I asked the lady if you needed to be a student, her reply was "you need to have an email address ending in .edu" you can get either the DVD or download, where if you get the DVD it is $29.99 + S/H and the download is only the $29.99. The offer is valid until January 2010, not sure if this means it ends the last day of December or not. Hope that helps people

Last edited:
So is it Full or Upgrade?? That's the most important thing to know :p Also if it's a 'student academic license' or a retail package, somehow I dount it's the latter.

*Looks like some people who have placed orders say it shows 'full' in the order confirmation.

Last edited:
I spoke to the microsoft sales rep personally. It is the full version and not an academic license and its also not an upgrade. It is still to be determined if it comes in retail packaging.

This would be awesome. I love Win7 RC but the bugs are buggin me. :)
Can I call 24/7? I'm watching the Yankee game right now and would call after...

THIS IS THE FULL VERSION.

Not an Upgrade or Academic Version

This would be awesome. I love Win7 RC but the bugs are buggin me. :)
Can I call 24/7? I'm watching the Yankee game right now and would call after...

Time Zone Mon-Fri Sat-Sun
Eastern 8am-1am Noon-8pm
Central 7am-12am 11am-7pm
Mountain 6am-11pm 10am-6pm
Pacific 5am-10pm 9am-5pm
Hawaii 2am-7pm 6am-2pm

Looks like I'll have to log into my engineering email and make a phonecall. The DVD is worth the s+h.

The lady i'm talking to seems confused - I asked her about 64bit Windows 7, and she said there were only two versions - full or upgrade. They didn't differentiate between 64 and 32.

Professional Includes both 32 bit and 64 bit. So just get the full version.

Sounds like a GREAT deal. I'm gonna call them up on my lunch break, I just cancelled my newegg pre-order of Win7 Pro x64.

Back