• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Q8200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arznmacz

I'm absolutely green to OCing so I'm looking for some guidance. I have a friend who OCs so I'm trying to get into it myself without having to call him every time. Everything seems so esoteric to me but anyway. I'm trying to over clock my cpu and ram. I've heard my cpu sucks for OCing and the speed on my ram says 1066mhz but it only goes to 800mhz. So if anyone can provide any help I'd be most grateful. Below is some information about my system. If you need anymore info. I can provide what I've got from my Everest Report. Thanks

CPU Q8200 CORE 2 QUAD 2.33Ghz
MB ASUS P5QL/EPU
Video Card NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800GT
Ram 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC OCZ2RPR10662G

Thanks I heard the first thing one of the guys said is that you needed a new PSU. So that'll probably be the first thing I'll need since I only have a 500w Raidmax. What do you think? What wattage would you suggest?

Last edited:
You're probably cutting it pretty close with the psu. I don't know much about them but you can use this to get a general idea of what you need: http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html ... in my opinion more is always better. I'd go for a single powerful +12v rail over multiple weaker 12v rails but thats a matter of opinion. Black friday is comming up, you could probably pick up a good psu for cheap then. The 420w psu that came with my Raidmax case only had 1 +12v rail with only 13 amps ... so I'd lean towards saying they're pretty weak.

Back