• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worth it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It'd be about 10% faster. Whether that is worth it or not i donno. If you have to pay more then $10, i'd say no though.

Not worth it.

0.27GHz isn't worth the price, unless you get it VERY cheap as Bobnova said.

Thanks for your quick reply
It's not all that cheap i would have to give about $40 - $50 + shipping for it
Only thing is that as far as i can figure out it would have been the only way to speed up the laptop i was thinking of putting it in

There are some software OC programs that people use for their laptops. I really don't know much about them, I just heard of people doing that.

You can make sure the RAM is maxed out.

You could get an SSD, they make the most noticeable difference in computer responsiveness.

to increase performance the easiest way is to back up your files then wipe the os and reinstall windows (assuming your using win and have a key available) so it will be as fast as the day you brought it .

most people would never notice a 10% increase in performance from clockspeed...even game benchmarks would not vary that much...i would look at the platform as a whole...if you are running vista and only have 2gig of ram...going to 4 would be a HUGE increase in feel over 10% clock speed.

Thanks for the advices
As of now i'm running a approximatly 2 months old install of vista maybe a little less
I'm haveing 3gb ram
next thing i guess is to swap the 1gb memorychip with a 2gb one
if that doesn't help my next move will be either to get an ssd disk or another laptop
ohh and also the laptop is an packard bell easynote BG45U
Thanks again for your time and advice

Back