• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 1600 running at 1066?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kortex

When I boot up, BIOS says my memory is running at 1066mhz and I want it to be running at 1600mhz. It also says Max bandwidth PC3-8500 and I bought PC3-12800...The kit I bought was OCZ and is rated for that speed. What do I need to change so that I only change what my memory is running at and nothing else? Here is a screenshot from CPU-Z.... it doesn't say 1066mhz though...where is that at? My motherboard is an Asus P6T deluxe v.2. There are two CPU-Z images below and also a link to the memory I bought from newegg. Please talk to me as if I'm retarded. Thanks :).

ram.jpg

ram2.jpg

Manually change the DRAM Frequency option in the BIOS from DDR3-1066MHz to DDR3-1600MHz.

Attachments

• BIOS_01T.jpg
    BIOS_01T.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,893
Last edited:
Besides changing the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1600MHz, change the DRAM Bus voltage to 1.65V, and the four primary DRAM timings to 7-7-7-24 (DRAM CAS# Latency, DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay, DRAM RAS# PRE Time, and DRAM RAS# ACT Time); all sub-timings on AUTO.

Ok, I'm trying to get this to work but it won't let me set the voltage to 1.65v. It says I can only increment the DRAM bus voltage by 0.02v, which won't let me do 1.65v. I'm going to summarize the screen, please tell me if this is correct... Sorry I'm new to this... fire2havoc umm i'll have to get to that after I get this voltage stuff figured out :\.

AI Tweaker Tab

Ai Overclock Tuner [Auto]
CPU Ratio Setting [Auto]
Intel (R) SpeedStep(TM) Tech [Enabled]
Intel (R) Turbo Mode Tech [Enabled]
DRAM Frequency [DDR3-1600MHz]
UCLK Frequency [Auto]
QPI Link Data Rate [Auto]

-> DRAM timing control (change first four values to 7-7-7-24. They were 7-7-7-20, should I still have changed them??)

CPU Voltage [Auto]
CPU PLL Voltage [Auto]
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage [Auto]
IOH Voltage [Auto]
IOH PCIE Voltage [Auto]
ICH Voltage [Auto]
ICH PCIE Voltage [Auto]
DRAM Bus Voltage [???]
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHA [Auto]
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHA [Auto]
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHB [Auto]
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHB [Auto]
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHC [Auto]
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHC [Auto]
Load-Line Calibration [Auto]
CPU Differential Amplitude [Auto]
CPU Clock Skew [Auto]
CPU Spread Spectrum [Auto]
IOH Clock Skew [Auto]
PCIE Spread Spectrum [Auto]

The DRAM Bus Voltage options are 1.50V - 2.46V in 0.02V increments, so select the closest to 1.65V like 1.64 or 1.66V.

fire2havoc said:
You also have to change the RAM Memory Multiplier so that the CPU BCLK x RAM Multiplier = Memory Frequency.
The "RAM Memory Multiplier" is achieved by selecting the appropriate DRAM Frequency, which in the case of DDR3-1600MHz is 12 (or 2:12 at a BCLK of 133MHz, for an effective 1600MHz DRAM frequency).

So manually set the four primary timings to 7-7-7-24, along w/...

tRC: 30
tRFC: 60
tRRD: 5
tWR: 8
tWTR: 5
tRTP: 5

... and all other timings set to AUTO. Or just try w/ all sub timings on AUTO, including the 6 above.

Last edited:
Back