• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOTES Sockets explode as well, not only foxconn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The problem is that for the "unknowledged" I would guarantee that most of the general public thinks that 1156 is the replacement for 1366. It's newer..so it's the replacement and better...right? Marketing 1156, from what I have seen, is pushing that legend too.

You want to be an early adopter, you get the pleasures of finding the issues.

The average Joe could run with a 1156/i series set up and never run into any problems. Why hasn't any of the manufacturers done a recall?

It's only HAPPENING with EXTREME OVERCLOCKERS going beyond Intel's SPECS for this CPU! How hard is it for us to understand that fact?

Also as far as I'm concerned my rig is holding up well with it's Lotes sockets!

Ok you seem to be misinformed.......You do realize Intel and AMD both use overlockers for various reasons.......one of them is to find the breaking points.

Reason being they may find out issues that could happen years down the line due to prolonged use at just stock.

Ok you seem to be misinformed.......You do realize Intel and AMD both use overlockers for various reasons.......one of them is to find the breaking points.

Reason being they may find out issues that could happen years down the line due to prolonged use at just stock.

Answer me this. Why hasn't there been a recall?

How many actually do overclocking anyways? The i5/i7 will not be recalled because the average user doesn't overclock. We are talking masses here.

Do you see my point?

The average Joe could run with a 1156/i series set up and never run into any problems. Why hasn't any of the manufacturers done a recall?

It's only HAPPENING with EXTREME OVERCLOCKERS going beyond Intel's SPECS for this CPU! How hard is it for us to understand that fact?

I couldnt agree more, ppl tend to exaggerate things on the internet.
My foxconn socket is working 100% I have checked it 3 times since I bought the board but then again I dont run 1.65 volts to my cpu...

I keep hearing the same thing over and over 1156 oh dont get a foxconn socket! and its usually from ppl who have never even tested the platform ( not directed towards anyone here) ...imo if it were wide spread and a serious issue the major manufacturers would have issued a recall

I think Chew has the best argument so far

So far it's only happened to one LOTES socket and he was pushing it way beyond the breaking point. But still, the burn is nowhere near as bad as the burns I've seen on the Foxconn sockets.

OT, Good to see MSI switching over to LOTES. I wish ASUS would do likewise.

So far it's only happened to one LOTES socket and he was pushing it way beyond the breaking point. But still, the burn is nowhere near as bad as the burns I've seen on the Foxconn sockets.

OT, Good to see MSI switching over to LOTES. I wish ASUS would do likewise.

One reported case so far and I dont see the internet littered with foxconn issues, just the rumour getting played up.
I will sleep easy knowing I have a 3 year warranty and not likely to have the board a year

I couldnt agree more, ppl tend to exaggerate things on the internet.
My foxconn socket is working 100% I have checked it 3 times since I bought the board but then again I dont run 1.65 volts to my cpu...

I keep hearing the same thing over and over 1156 oh dont get a foxconn socket! and its usually from ppl who have never even tested the platform ( not directed towards anyone here) ...imo if it were wide spread and a serious issue the major manufacturers would have issued a recall

I think Chew has the best argument so far

The point is not how prolific is it, the point is it happens. Would you rather no one ever bring it up? It is naive to think that by not knowing about it it will never be an issue.

I have not seen anyone say, OMG dont get a P55 because they blow up!! Seen lots of posts saying, if you are getting a P55 try and get one with a LOTEs socket.

Also sockets are not hte only thing to blow up on P55 either. Even a build overvolting of 1.4volts was enough to pop a FET on the Biostar P55 just like happened to some people on the AMD boards that were supposedly 140W compatible.

It lets you know... hey, going to OC make sure your FETs are sinked :) (obvious to some not to all) same with the possibility of OCing on P55, you are far more likely to over amp the socket wit h a foxconn built, over a LOTES.

Sorry, why would having that information out there be bad? You think Foxconn is going to go out of business over it? If they went under prices would soar from the vacuum they made ;)

Answer me this. Why hasn't there been a recall?

How many actually do overclocking anyways? The i5/i7 will not be recalled because the average user doesn't overclock. We are talking masses here.

Do you see my point?

Ok well first of all a recall is up to any manufactures own discretion if not a safety recall........

I have seen no cases of peoples houses burning down.......

Secondly there has to be a certain amount of instances where peoples safety were at risk to force a recall.

The fact that intel is working on a revision is really the proof in the pudding.

It's a problem that can get sidestepped, they have limited cases of it on rev A revise it with Rev B and it never happens again.

For the record here is my foxxconn socket On the "guilty" 1156 board.

YES believe it or not I have a UD6 and an 860.

IMG_1737.JPG

And here is a rather high leakage ES 860.

med_IMG_1665.JPG

Both of which have shown no problems thus far.

The question is why and that is really what is trying to be determined.

You can't fix something if it can not be properly diagnosed.

Last edited:
I really have no clue what they are revising, I have just heard that there will be one.

When it's all said and done! Then most users might be able to upgrade to a new revision mobo with who knows what sockets will be on their next mobo. At least we know the sockets won't burn out as we all hope!

As for me I have Lotes sockets giving my i5 lots of love and burn. Lol!!

Thanks Chew for the info. I appreciated it!

Ok well first of all a recall is up to any manufactures own discretion if not a safety recall........

I have seen no cases of peoples houses burning down.......

Secondly there has to be a certain amount of instances where peoples safety were at risk to force a recall.

The fact that intel is working on a revision is really the proof in the pudding.

It's a problem that can get sidestepped, they have limited cases of it on rev A revise it with Rev B and it never happens again.

For the record here is my foxxconn socket On the "guilty" 1156 board.

*IMG Snip*

And here is a rather high leakage ES 860.

*IMG Snip*

Both of which have shown no problems thus far.

The question is why and that is really what is trying to be determined.

You can't fix something if it can not be properly diagnosed.

Thanks Chew, I've been saying this all along :thup:

Hehe :beer:

The funny thing is Gigabyte already did "Revise" their P55 Boards ;)

Not the one I have to my knowledge.

I don't want to steal pics but my socket is identical to the ones that have burned, I had my boards since before it was ever posted. Both my UD6 and UD4P, have swapped chip in and out of both as well.

I really don't think revisions are gonna make a bit of diff board wise unless the power scheme is changed.

There are 3 possible ways that a burn like this can happen......you can try it with just a piece of 12g wire.........

Bad connection positive or negative = resistance

Short to ground = not likely or they'd just go poof

To much current pulled on something rated for less.....not wattage, amperage is the key.

Wire rated for 10 amps with 15 amps being pulled from it.......

Think the revision that you should be looking for is on the cpu end of things ;)

Last edited:
WAsnt it said that P55"A" are the revised ones???

P55A is supposed to be Lotes only. I was not sure if poster was suggesting that an undisclosed revision was released Etc why my board has not burned.

With all the Bruha however you can't blame them for changing a socket even if it's not the "real" issue.

I'm sure the fact alone that it was first noted on a giga board has cost them sales so from a marketing point of view it's the only thing they can do.

Here's the thing, say a trace or multiple traces inside the cpu are to small for the current draw.

It's going to fail at the weakest link, weakest links are usually where a connection is made that is not a hard connection.

A plug, a socket et etc.

I'm sure some of you have seen cases where cheaper boards with a 4 pin cpu power plug have melted at the plug when pushed really hard.

Last edited:
Apparently. Also it supports USB3 and Sata 6gb, although apparently if you enable both it limits a single GPU to 8x electrical or dual GPUs at 4x/4x

Hi guys, I am Chris/Unseen from outofspecs.
The results you see there are from the second mainboard. Not the first one which burned.

Thanks Chris ..
Chew respect bro you got a grip on it ;)

The problem lies in the overall design of the board / cpu / pwr ..the socket is the weakest link in the chain , yall do realise the millions & millions of foxconn sockets used over the years on many different manufactures mobo's and lotes scorch just shows the trend of this ...

Just an opinion of an analyst ...

@HDCHOPPER you are right about the problem in overall design. I have the same opinion. But you know who's taking the decisions...

@Neuromancer I have no connection with foxconn. I was member of quantum force 2 years ago and nothing else. Don't see conspiracy theories everywhere!

Back