• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLi 7800GTX's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well all do respect to the ppl that gave their opinions I think Im going to dish some extra money and get the 275 I really want the AMD chipset board for great OC'ing , but benchmarks all over the net seem to put the 275 slightly better than the 4890 even tho both are highly recommended.......I am going to run dual video cards in the future so at this point Gforce with be on board....

Depends where you look, you can easily find benchmarks where the 4890 runs games faster than a GTX285, but that's only at higher resolutions.

I love my 4890 (I have been an Nvidia guy since 2003 mostly by coincidence) and I have had no troubles at all.

I've been playing Crysis on "Very High" at 1920x1080 and it runs very well :clap:

ya know? the spinkster factor just hit there aren't very many am3 boards with sli omg!!!!!

how much can ya usually O/C a ATI HD4890 lets say either a Sapphire,HIS or XFX... running at stock 850 core....... memory and core clock?

Memory don't know but the core can't you get it upwards of 950-1000 on air?

Yes SLI motherboards are hard to come by on the AMD front, even on the Intel side they where hard to come by until nVidia let it be on Intel Chipsets.

AMD Cards for Crossfire configurations are more, universal between AMD and Intel Chipsets.

Great Thanks There some great deals going I thing Im going to Pick up The SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100269VXL Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 do to I have used Sapphire before and Like their products......may even grab 2 because my new MB>CPU>Memory will be coming in in a few btw guys had another change of heart going with ATI because I want the AMD chipset......

Back