• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't get this Brother printer installed on D-Link router, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essenar

Model: MFC-8660DN
Problem: Will not be recognized over the router on any machine.
Machines: Four desktops, one running Windows XP Service Pack 3, the others running Windows 7 RTM x64 and one Macbook 10.4.11.

Here's what I did:
I set up the ip address, subnet mask and gateway on the printer. Taking note of this information, I put in the install disk into the first Desktop. When it attempted to scan for the device, it couldn't find anything.

I put in the IP address manually, driver installed okay.

Problem:
Would NOT print. As soon as printer installed and I restarted, the printer shows up as offline.

I troubleshooted:
I set up the port manually, set the port to raw, added the port manually. None of it worked. It simply will not see the device.

I've tried resetting the IP address, disconnecting and reconnecting the printer to the router and power source. Nothing.

I've tried checking the manual on Brother's site and thei FAQ's, and I tried every step to a T on their guide. Nothing.

If all else fails, I'll share it on the primary desktop, but that's very discouraging to my client as he paid $400 for this Laser machine so he could share it on the network and not have to deal with Windows printer sharing.

Back