Folding Team Content Editor
    Who Dolk'd my stars Senior Member

Shut down for a week or two

I just wanted to let everyone on the team know that I had to shut down in a hurry. My grandfather had a serious heart attack, and had to go in for open heart surgery. Because of that, I had to leave home for Oregon, so my rig is down until I return. It may be a week or two, depending on how things go. I will not be able to fold, as I am in Oregon, and my rig is in Arizona, but as soon as I get home, it is full speed ahead again.

Hey, good luck to your granddad man. Putting up points is meaningless in this context. I wish him the best.
    Folding User Stats

Best wishes for your Granddad, DS.

Senior Fold-a-holic
    Yes sir... Best Wishes and Speedy Recovery.

Very Welcoming Senior
    Premium Member #11

Best Wishes.

Folding@Home in Downunder Australia.Victoria
    Best wishes and hope for speedy recovery of your Granddad DS

just on the edge of civilization, in the Mojave Desert
    Be with your family & Granddad, folding will wait until your return. Best wishes and pray for speedy recovery for your Granddad.
    Folding User Stats

ihrsetrdr aka Tim

Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.
    - Unknown

Best wishes from me, too.

Senior Folding Zombie AmbientFiction's Avatar
    Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
    Best wishes to you and your faminly. Get there safely and back in the same manor. I've been there and done that. You're a good man to just drop everything and go be with him.
    • FX9370 + Gigabyte 990FXAUD3 + 16gbMushkin Redline + XFX ATI HD5870 + Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme + 250 CFM Delta120mm fan
    • Athlon64x2 AM2 6000@3300 Epox AF570+ultra/g 2G Mushkin DDR2 800+EVGA GTS250

Heatware[/color]

Thanks for the support guys I made it here safely Friday night, and will most likely be heading back toward Arizona next Friday, as long as everything goes well. The thing I am worried about is snow in a few places along the way home, mostly Mt. Ashland, Mt. Shasta, and through Flagstaff. Having a Dodge Dakota with a 5.2 liter (318 c.i.) worked over to 400 hp (does that make me a typical overclocker?), it gets a little squirrely on the snow, and no 4 wheel drive.

Two hundred pounds of something strapped in the very back of the bed, a little less air in the back tires, and the LSD ought to take care of a little snow.

All ppd from friends and family. Many thanks to HayesK for his support and congrats on being the #1 Folder on Team 32. Special thanks to ChrisC and ColinC

Folding User Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ChasR View Post
    Two hundred pounds of something strapped in the very back of the bed, a little less air in the back tires, and the LSD ought to take care of a little snow.
    I had actually thought about that, and wish I would have brought the power programmer with me, so that I could flash the ECU back to stock. With the cam, air intake, and exhaust, I think I am pushing close to 275 hp, which is still quite a bit for that small of a truck, and the longer wheel base of the long bed model seems to make it a little worse. I drove a friends that was similar, except the shortbed model, and it seemed easier to drive in the snow, since the slides didn't get as far out of hand as mine. It's a fun little truck to have, especially when those kids with the Honda's with the Pineapple Launcher type mufflers pull up next to me revving up their little 4 cylinders, and I leave them at the stop light in a pile of tire smoke. Now that my driving has tamed down, I may just flash it back to stock anyway. I don't really need that much power, but I am getting better mileage than stock. I may just head over to the beach with a shovel and just start dumping sand into the bed.