• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shut down for a week or two

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I just wanted to let everyone on the team know that I had to shut down in a hurry. My grandfather had a serious heart attack, and had to go in for open heart surgery. Because of that, I had to leave home for Oregon, so my rig is down until I return. It may be a week or two, depending on how things go. I will not be able to fold, as I am in Oregon, and my rig is in Arizona, but as soon as I get home, it is full speed ahead again.

Thanks for the support guys:salute: I made it here safely Friday night, and will most likely be heading back toward Arizona next Friday, as long as everything goes well. The thing I am worried about is snow in a few places along the way home, mostly Mt. Ashland, Mt. Shasta, and through Flagstaff. Having a Dodge Dakota with a 5.2 liter (318 c.i.) worked over to 400 hp (does that make me a typical overclocker?:p), it gets a little squirrely on the snow, and no 4 wheel drive.

Two hundred pounds of something strapped in the very back of the bed, a little less air in the back tires, and the LSD ought to take care of a little snow.

Two hundred pounds of something strapped in the very back of the bed, a little less air in the back tires, and the LSD ought to take care of a little snow.

I had actually thought about that, and wish I would have brought the power programmer with me, so that I could flash the ECU back to stock. With the cam, air intake, and exhaust, I think I am pushing close to 275 hp, which is still quite a bit for that small of a truck, and the longer wheel base of the long bed model seems to make it a little worse. I drove a friends that was similar, except the shortbed model, and it seemed easier to drive in the snow, since the slides didn't get as far out of hand as mine. It's a fun little truck to have, especially when those kids with the Honda's with the Pineapple Launcher type mufflers pull up next to me revving up their little 4 cylinders, and I leave them at the stop light in a pile of tire smoke. Now that my driving has tamed down, I may just flash it back to stock anyway. I don't really need that much power, but I am getting better mileage than stock. I may just head over to the beach with a shovel and just start dumping sand into the bed.

Back