• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook - Deleted Emails Reappearing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

I have a user in my office who keeps having to delete the same emails over and over. She is running Outlook 2003 any suggestions? I have checked and Outlook is only configured for one account and the setting to leave a copy of the message on the server is already disabled.

I assume that since you mentioned the "leave copy of messages on the server" setting that you're not running Exchange. Two things come to mind in that case. One would be, run scanpst on her pst file to make sure it's not an issue with that. The other would be a possible issue with shadow copy, assuming she's running Vista or 7. I would start with scanpst though.

I assume that since you mentioned the "leave copy of messages on the server" setting that you're not running Exchange. Two things come to mind in that case. One would be, run scanpst on her pst file to make sure it's not an issue with that. The other would be a possible issue with shadow copy, assuming she's running Vista or 7. I would start with scanpst though.

No unfortunately we have our email hosted but I have enough to do around here (I'm an accountant too) so it's fine with me. I've never heard of this Scanpst is a built in system tool? She is running XP Pro.

No unfortunately we have our email hosted but I have enough to do around here (I'm an accountant too) so it's fine with me. I've never heard of this Scanpst is a built in system tool? She is running XP Pro.

It appears your running IMAP email. Is there a choice box in your top bar that says "IMAP Folders"? If so, click it and "Reset List" and see if that clears it up. Be advised that anything deleted from the server is gone forever.

It appears your running IMAP email. Is there a choice box in your top bar that says "IMAP Folders"? If so, click it and "Reset List" and see if that clears it up. Be advised that anything deleted from the server is gone forever.

What makes you say it is IMAP? No I do not see that option anywhere on the Outlook bar. I have checked the account and it says it is POP3.

Yeah it's a system tool that installs with office/outlook. Just do a search, they bury it under Program Files.

Yeah it's a system tool that installs with office/outlook. Just do a search, they bury it under Program Files.

I found it and ran it yesterday, I also played with some of the deleted box settings hoping maybe it will fix the problem. Haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, I will report back.

Back