• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL Black Mesa release in 2009

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

When will Black Mesa be released.

We have always gone for a "when it's done" approach. We have however committed to releasing in the year 2009.

I didn't check their website often this year since they didn't update their devblog, so got quite surprised when I saw today their last update to the sire and that it's coming this year.

This means I don't care what else comes for holiday, a full HL series replay is in order. :thup:

How recent is the post (can't check since I'm at work) I though they have said 2009 release for quite a while but there are almost never any updates to their site so I figured the project was abandoned.

I was not even aware that this was in development. So am I correct in understand that it's Half-Life redone in the new Source Engine? If so I am so very excited. Just hope they dont charge $40 for it.

Edit: NM just saw this

"Black Mesa is a free modification; The developers will never charge you for playing mainly because we wouldn't want to make people pay to play, but also because it would be illegal to do so. As long as you have a copy of any source engine game on steam, Black Mesa will cost you nothing."

Their new site looks good and I will be happy when this is released, but I am pretty skeptical about a 2009 release...there is not that much time left in 2009.

They've been working on it for like 2 years now so it's about due but the youtube video's show they've only just got things like helicopters and some of the enemies to work... Seems like they have quite a fair way to go.

In other news, coffee sales in game developers seem to have risen to astronomical proportions.

They've been working on it for like 2 years now so it's about due but the youtube video's show they've only just got things like helicopters and some of the enemies to work... Seems like they have quite a fair way to go.

In other news, coffee sales in game developers seem to have risen to astronomical proportions.

everytime they post one of those videos they always say its a old video

I've been longing for this for quite some time.

Kuroimaho: You said a full HL series replay is in order. Are you saying that black mesa is a re-make of HL AND Blue Shift and Opposing force, or that you were just going to replay it all yourself. I've never played the two expansion packs myself.

I was not even aware that this was in development. So am I correct in understand that it's Half-Life redone in the new Source Engine? If so I am so very excited. Just hope they dont charge $40 for it.

Edit: NM just saw this

"Black Mesa is a free modification; The developers will never charge you for playing mainly because we wouldn't want to make people pay to play, but also because it would be illegal to do so. As long as you have a copy of any source engine game on steam, Black Mesa will cost you nothing."
you have to love valve

Previously they were saying that the game wouldn't be a straight remake, but a mix of remade and 're-imagined' content. I don't know if this has changed, I hope so though. I want to play Halflife with 2005/6 era gfx, sound and physics rather than a mod team's interpretation of what it should have been.

So excited, been waiting on this since forever! When this comes out, it'll be the first time I've done any PC Gaming since Episode 2. Black Mesa will make my XB 360 useless to me :D

ye I really cant wait for this :)

they announced 2009 release quite a few months ago now and have restated it multiple times on their forums.

I hope its right :) cant do anymore than hope since they are keeping it all under wraps.

The only thing that could make the rest of 2009 better for me than BM:S actually being released would be Episode 3 being released. Since BM:S is the only one with a shot as far as I'm aware, I'll be ecstatic if it drops before 2010 starts!

Back