• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi GPU Folding (2*ATI4890/Systray6.23)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
Alrighty, so I'm getting ready to give you guys a hand during the upcoming folding event.

I got my DVI Dummy plugs in from Torin today, removed my x-fire bridge, extended the ol desktop and configured the folders and clients as per the instructions on line.

Everything's fired up and both my GPU's are loaded according to Everest, so I think I can assume that I got the folder and client configs right, yes?

I'm keeping the viewers minimized (maximized for screencap below) and I've assigned the -verbosity 9 flag to each client.

So far there are 2 things that concern me, and both are likely due to nothing more than ignorance:
1. In fahMon, it shows each client folding the same WU (R5734), but I think the numbers in the brackets show that it is indeed a different WU yes? Also, the viewers show one WU as a Protien, and the other as Test Protien A.
2. One viewer says "Core is not running now" which is odd, because it looks like it's running.

Please have a look at the screen cap below and see if you spot anything wrong.

Suggestions? Concerns?

This is not only my first time configuring and folding multi GPU, but my first folding GPU period! Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Looks to me like they're both working, I have one computer running the systray client and sometimes it will say core is not running now when it definitely is.

I'd look at the log files and see if it's saying something like Completed % on both clients. You should be able to see the FahCore_.exe process in task manager. I believe with ATI it will peg one core at 100% per gpu.

Have you tried the console client? I feel it to be a bit more straight forward than the system tray version.

Have a go with HFM.NET in place of FAHmon, it is superior.

Last edited:
I had the console client running on one card tonight, but when I went to run it on both, i got the error message that my cards weren't supported.
Actually, come to think of it I got the same message with the Systray client on multiple cards as well, but got them to work after some screwing around.

EDIT, NVM. I had another look through the forums and found the answer in Thideras' "Multi GPU Folding Walkthrough" thread. Thx ;)

Console Clients up and running on both cards.

I'll try HFM.Net a try. Thx.

Last edited:
They're running different WU's.

Same project, but the run, clone, and generation numbers are different.

I can't help you with the viewer problem. Maybe it's looking in the wrong directory?

They're running different WU's.

Same project, but the run, clone, and generation numbers are different.

I can't help you with the viewer problem. Maybe it's looking in the wrong directory?

Thx Adak. I got the console clients up and running, as per my last post. No more nasty systrays. :)

Back