• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question about the IP35 Pro + E0 Q9650...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silencer51

Hey guys,

I need a quick asnwer ASAP as I've found an awesome deal at a slightly used E0 Q9650 and I want to get it for my C2D rig.

Will it work with an Abit IP35 Pro? I know this board had troubles with the E0s however some people say it works with the latest beta bios (18)...

I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger...

Thanks!

I had BIOS 18 and E0 Q9550. Never got them to work together, however I saw others did. Not sure what it depends to. At your own risk my friend.

That's the weird thing... Same mobo, same BIOS, same CPU yet conflicting results...

A google search comes up with both success and failure stories.

We 'll see I guess... :/

I had BIOS 18 and E0 Q9550. Never got them to work together, however I saw others did. Not sure what it depends to. At your own risk my friend.

Could you please post your configuration when you tried the q9550 on your IP35 Pro?

You couldn't even get it to boot?

Yes, it will not boot, fans spin full speed but no display. BIOS reset switch on the back of the mobo sometimes gets you to windows, but if you access BIOS and (change or no change in configurations) save and exit....to black screen with no display, next reset: 50/50 chance it'll boot at all. Really weird, but I gave up after a few days, trying anything I knew. It just didn't work for me. I had Gigabyte mobo in the house, running it now. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply kvn864. Could you elaborate on the setup you used? I.e. PSU, graphics card, memory etc...

Also, did you have a Rev. 1.0 or Rev. 1.1 board?

rev of the board isnt going to matter about supporting the Q9650. you might be lucky to find the last beta bios in this thread. it does look like that bios 18 is the latest one... i guess it might have something to do with the later rev p35 chipset for the E0's but that doesnt make sense to me.

I had revision 1.0 of the board. Setup: Antec 450W (don't remember the name) ATI 5850, 2x1 + 2x512 = 3G of PC6400 RAM. But I don't think it will matter at all what you have, what I understood in the end of it: there is a problem solely between Mobo and E0 quad. You should definitely try, it might work for you.

Okay, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that Q9650...

I'm happy to report that it boots fine every time, temps are reporting fine, even the super-tight memory timings I was using with Bios 14 work fine...

Super stable so far.

All this on an IP35 Pro 1.1 revision with beta 18 bios :)

I think the difference is in CPU. I had a brand new one, and you probably have a little older chip, and that's why it worked, just thinking aloud here. Beta 18 BIOS happened to have a microcode for your particular chip, and it is not being updated and that's why my setup didn't work. Glad you got it going. Now, clock that thing!

Back