• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kind of outdated??? Here is the most updated one 11/21/09: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=589708
Its not in that list.

I think jonnyguru completed a review on that PSU, let me check.

EDIT: Here is the summary page: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=155

Summary

The Mach 1 does several things very well. It has the voltage regulation, the efficiency, and the power to be a good contender in the marketplace. It's just too bad that the ripple bug had to come up and cut the legs off the poor thing. All the same, you could do worse than this unit. No recommendation this time, but I'm hoping Kingwin can get the ripple tamed for the next one. This platform's capable of a lot, and I want to see it happen.

Why do you need a 1kw PSU? What two dual GPU cards are you running?

This Corsair (850HX) can run just about anything under the sun that are not two dual GPU cards: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011&Tpk=850HX

Last edited:
PC Perspective has a review as well. Looks to be a halfway-decent unit, but Oklahoma Wolf knows his stuff, so I'd steer clear. As a personal preference, I'd prefer many fewer +12v rails and would likely prefer a Corsair unit, but that's just me.

Well ill be running Amd 965 soon plus decided to go with Ati and going to run Crossfire plus Ill have a 12v pump /tri fan radiator.......and all my other drives so better safe than sorry plus I liked the hook up of the cables on this one.... oh btw I didnt see where the sticky was updated all i see is the 08 ill look again

I could have run that on my old Corsair 620HX dude. Look in my sig. You do not need close to that power for what you have just descirbed.

I would go with 750HX/850HX. Either can EASILY run a heavily overclocked quad (Intel or AMD) and two single GPU videocards heavily overclocked as well as a pump and a bunch of fans. My old system had 4 HDD's, 7 USB perihperals, 9 120mm fans + 1 200mm fan, and the rest in my sig.

I could have run that on my old Corsair 620HX dude. Look in my sig. You do not need close to that power for what you have just descirbed.

I would go with 750HX/850HX. Either can EASILY run a heavily overclocked quad (Intel or AMD) and two single GPU videocards heavily overclocked as well as a pump and a bunch of fans. My old system had 4 HDD's, 7 USB perihperals, 9 120mm fans + 1 200mm fan, and the rest in my sig.
hey no problem I was just using the 600w Seasonic in my Sig and its barely holding it own.... So im not really worried about an over kill .... but the only reason Im asking about this particular one the the cable hook up I really like the way its configured

The 750HX will be fine and then some. Save your money ;). If you insist on having more headroom than you will ever need, the 850HX is fine. Both are higher quality units than that 1kw you listed.

Back