• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Net User... delete the home folder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
so I have a batch script that deletes all the relevent users off a large amount of computers, the problem is that the home folder is not removed.

This would not be a problem if windows just over-wrote the current folders but it doesnt. It leaves a big steaming pile behind.

I used the rmdir command with the /s /q switches to delete them in the batch file, the problem is that every once in a while the bat file doesnt delete a user for some silly reason. So once in a while we end up with a machine that has

bob
jim
sam
sam.d102.home

or some such silly thing, even with the rmdir command.

I have been googling to find out if net user will remove the associated home dir but I haven't come up with anything.

Anyone know a switch for netuser that will get rid of junk folders?
The next time I run my script the problem just compounds (mostly because I am hard coding the script... i.e.
Code:
rmdir c:\doc\sam /s /q
)
so if the folder is same.d102.home I end up with 2 sam.d1xx.home folders instead of getting rid of everything

Back