• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a help deciding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

Building me new system, however I have an extra 1250 Eheim pump already...And Im using An Eheim in my current system....However I kind of want to go 12v should I just use 120v Eheim 1250 or are the 12v Pumps better and worth the 60 or 70 dollars?

i don't think the 12v pumps are as good as the 1250, but they are close.

if you don't want to hassle with a relay or plugging it in all the time then i think it's worth it.

The 12v pumps dump a little less heat into the water than the pond or aquarium pumps and they often have a little bit more pressure. If your Eheim is working fine, I'd stick with it. The difference would be pretty small (at best) if you upgraded. You'd be better off spending the cash on a new waterblock.

Ya know back when the Eheims were the pump to buy everyone said the heat was a little much but the 1250 in my current system isn't even warm to the touch.....and its been running 24/7 for the last 4 years......Ill stick with the 1250 I already purchased a relay switch for it and I recieved my HAF932 case yesterday just trying to figure out whether I want the radiator 120mm x2 "homemade btw" at the top or on the floor of the case.....

Back