Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Online CPU Speed Test

If you want to check the speed of your CPU, you can go to WhoHasTheFastestComputer.com and run a speed test without installing any software.

It will create a badge like this one (mine - it's definitely NOT the fastest computer):

You can compare your computer's speed against other people around the globe, including your Facebook friends.

Would be interesting to see how various models of CPU compare if you want to post your badge here.

Cheers,
    Ben

Vacationing to find my sanity Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Good question UM...

Also, you have to be associated/log in to Facebook to use this (i see its temporary but I cant log in to FB at the office)?

Are we sure this person isnt a spammer with applicable content?

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
    Good question UM...

Also, you have to be associated/log in to Facebook to use this (i see its temporary but I cant log in to FB at the office)?

Are we sure this person isnt a spammer with applicable content?
    lol.. I removed my post as I wanted to check something

my original post stated : (just so you don't look crazy... lol )

I would also be interested to know what they measure exactly as its non specific and browser based completely, it must be effected by latency

the website when you really look into it states it does this :

The math problems that your computer solves are technically called "floating point operations." The term "floating point" refers to the decimal point in numbers like "3.14159." So an example floating point operation would be "3.14159 + 1.61803." It's fairly common for the CPU(s) in personal computers today to be able to execute several billion floating point operations each second (gigaflops). Note that the number of operations your computer can execute per second is not the same as your computer's clock speed (typically measured in gigahertz). Because different computer chip manufacturers design each model of CPU differently, some can execute significantly more or fewer instructions per second than other CPU models even when the clock speeds are the same. Furthermore, computers with multiple CPUs will be able to perform more calculations than single-core PCs of the same clock frequency. Who Has The Fastest Computer? tests actual computer speed and works for PCs with all sorts of CPU types and quantities.

Floating point capability's are not the only thing which effects performance as such I feel that its misleading to suggest this finds out who has the fastest computer.
    Last edited by UnseenMenace; 12-07-09 at 01:03 PM.
    one M15x is never enough

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Good find. I thought this was spam so I didnt look any deeper than the front page...LOL.

But yeah, that shows only a piece of the CPU pie.. Good catch!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Quote Originally Posted by UnseenMenace View Post

I would also be interested to know what they measure exactly as its non specific and browser based completely, it must be effected by latency

Floating point capability's are not the only thing which effects performance as such I feel that its misleading to suggest this finds out who has the fastest computer.
    Hi. The original post wasn't meant as spam. I'm just a guy who wrote a program that I thought some folks in a CPU Speed Test forum might find interesting :-) Self aggrandizement, perhaps, I won't lie.

Anyway, the application uses a feature of Flash 10 that allows it to run compiled kernels so it's not impacted by OS or the browser. Indeed, it does not test GPU or RAM or hard drive or anything like that. As mentioned on the page, it looks purely at CPU. Hopefully the next version of Flash will allow direct access to GPU, but for now, just CPU including multicore. The test is not impacted by web latency or anything like that. It runs a string of floating point multiplications without loops or branching and then divides number of operations by time to calculate gigaflops.

It's mainly meant for fun, of course, but I think the result is valid, and it's kind of nice I think to check CPU speed without installing any other software.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out.

Kind regards,
    Ben

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Doesn't want to run on mine, it sticks at Initializing.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Senior Folding Zombie AmbientFiction's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32

I lol'd
    • FX9370 + Gigabyte 990FXAUD3 + 16gbMushkin Redline + XFX ATI HD5870 + Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme + 250 CFM Delta120mm fan
    • Athlon64x2 AM2 6000@3300 Epox AF570+ultra/g 2G Mushkin DDR2 800+EVGA GTS250

Heatware[/color]

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Eh, it's above average, be happy!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

That's pretty cool.

Imagine how much power you could get if you got even 1% of facebook doing distributed computing projects
    CPU - E6750 @ 3.4GHz | 425x8 | 1.41V | Zalman CNPS9500 | Lapped
    Mobo - Abit P35 Pro | Bios v14
    Ram - 2x1GB G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ | 850 | 5-5-5-15 | 1.85V
    GPU - PNY 8800GT | 700c, 1850s, 900m | HR-03GT
    HD - 150GB raptor ADFD | Seagate 7200.7 160GB | 2x WD 640GB
    PSU - OCZ GameXSteam 700W

I been Dolk'ed Senior mattspalace's Avatar
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Won't run on mine either - the test runs, then says 0.0Gfs.. LOL..

It did run on my laptop though.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF XM
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
    RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16GB DDR3-1600
    SSD: 2 X 120GB Kingston Hyper-X 3K in RAID-0
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2GHz - 1.18V
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme
    Video Card: EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition
    PSU: Corsair AX-750
    Monitor: Dell U2410

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Sorry, he wasnt a spammer, he is just phishing for beta testers...

I will give it a run when I get home and can jump on to FB. Why do you have to log in to FB to do this?

Hmm...not too bad I suppose for a slightly outdated CPU.

NZXT Switch 810
    Xigmatek NRP-MC751
    MSI P55-GD80
    Intel I5-750 3.8Ghz
    Megahalems Rev. B
    16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws
    Asus DirectCuII GTX570
    WD 1TB Caviar Black
    WD Caviar SE 160GB
    OCZ Agility 60Gb
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Super Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Not accusing the OP of anything wrong, but did everyone who ran this give their machines a good AV scan afterwards?
    .....................................My HeatwareMyFAH Stats
    .......................Folding is a marathon, not a sprint audioaficionado
    Asus Commando, 8GB GSkill 5-5-5-15-2t PC6400, Q6600 @3.0GHz >SMP2+GPU3 FAH 24/7
    Gigabyte DS3, 3GB GSkill 5-5-5-15-2t PC6400, E6400 @3.0GHz
    Asus P5Q PRO Turbo, 4GB GSkill 5-5-5-15-2t PC6400, E6600 @3.0GHz
    Iwill DH800, 2GB OCZ4002048PFDC-K 2.5-3-3-8-1t, Dual 2.4 M0 Xeons 1.5v/880/3300
    Help improve overclockers.com! Get involved!

You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds???Click This Link
    Anyone we catch cookie stuffing at this site will be banned on the spot!!

Yay, I'm like 3rd fastest out of the 69 people to do it so far!
    P2 965 (@3.8GHz and counting)
    Asus M4A79T Deluxe
    XFX Radeon HD 4850
    OC Z Gold DDR3 1600 RAM
    Razer AC-1 Gaming Audio
    M-Audio Delta1010LT Audio
    WD Caviar Black 500GB HDD
    Xoxide's X-Clear Acrylic Case

Gamertag: Steel Drum Hero
    OCF Music #33
    And folding, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Audioaficionado View Post
    Not accusing the OP of anything wrong, but did everyone who ran this give their machines a good AV scan afterwards?
    I did, came up clean, he doesn't seem to be hising anything on us.
    Asus M4A79T Deluxe
    XFX Radeon HD 4850
    OC Z Gold DDR3 1600 RAM
    Razer AC-1 Gaming Audio

OCF Music #33
    And folding, of course

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name CompuTamer's Avatar

I win!! :P
    Intel Core i7 C0 @ 4.01GHz with 1.388 vCore ..........................................Intel i7 4500U
    Intel DX58SO Motherboard IOH + QPI @ 1.250 Volts..............................Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    Sony Optiarc Blu-Ray Drive.................................................. ...............802.11AC
    8 GB G-Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 @ 1.65 Volts ...........................................8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
    60GB OCZ Solid 3 + 320GB WD Blue+ 1TB WD Green...............................Samsung 250GB SSD
    Antec 900.................................................. .......................................All Metal Body
    BFG GS-650.................................................. .....................................Lenovo Power Brick + 54Whr Battery
    XFX Radeon HD 4850 (660/1060 53C Idle 62C Load) @ 1.31 vCore............Intel HD4400
    Dual Dell E2311H LED 1920x1080.................................................. .......13.6" 3200x1800 Touchscreen
    Windows 7 Ultimate.................................................. ..........................Windows 8.1
    Those specs up there? They're silent. Silence is good. Very good.
    Your Core 2 Quad is based off of the Pentium pro in a few ways.

Yeah but in Gigaflops to age I win at about 1:1
    Asus M4A79T Deluxe
    XFX Radeon HD 4850
    OC Z Gold DDR3 1600 RAM
    Razer AC-1 Gaming Audio

OCF Music #33
    And folding, of course

Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition, E8400@4.3, 2 Gigs Of Ocz Fatality PC8500, 2 Gigs Ocz Pc8500 Sli,Scythe Mugen 11 Cpu Cooler. 320 Gig sata H/D, Ozc Gamestream 700 Watt P/S, Ati 2600XT HD,Chieftec Ultra Full Tower, Westinghouse 20.1 Inch Lcd. Second Rig, Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition, Q6600@3.6 , 2 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracer Pc6400, Zalmon 9500 Led, 160 Gig sata H/D, Ati Sapphire X1650, Ozc StealthXstream 600 Watt P/S, Chieftec Ultra Full Tower, 17 Inch Balance Lcd.

Still doesn't work for my in Ubuntu 9.04, don't know why.

Wow this is weird. Apparently my computer speed is 3.36gf, which is well below average. But I thought that with my specs (Asus U30JC, Intel core i7 M620 @ 2,67Ghz, RAM : 4 GB, Nvidia Geforce 310m (512MB) running on Windows 7 64 bits) I would get a much better result, don't you guys think so?
    Is there something wrong? I just bought this notebook and suspect the shop where I bought it replaced some original components by old ones.

So if you guys could give me your feedback, this would really really help me, please!!!! Because if there's something fishy, I can dig out more to see where I have been cheated and complain to the shop).

Thank you so much in advance!

Cheers

Charlotte

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast