• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Online CPU Speed Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im having problems logging in
but i get 23 Gigaflops

Attachments

• ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 649
Ran on PC in one of my college's computer labs...runs an i5:
I'll run it later on my 2600K machine at 5Ghz just to see what I get.

Capture.PNG

There must be a reason this laptop did not score well, maybe it's windows 8. Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting...

11.18 Gf on chrome...

1.02 Gf on ie9... 1.04 if I close borderlands 2 :attn:

Attachments

• thing.png
    thing.png
    24 KB · Views: 545
my desktop that's not a gaming rig scored 48--10.96 Gf
this is a AMD Phenom II x4 @2.8ghz i think the model is 840 or something like that.
i'll test it later on my gaming rig

Untitled_zpsc2a8989d.jpg

i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz

Good ratio

I can't say about the absolute speed numbers, but the ratio between two computers looks right. I have two core-i7 computers running ubuntu 12.04. The test reported that one runs 6% faster than the other one. This is, indeed, what I found from a certain MPI program of mine that measures relative speeds by assigning identical tasks (largely floating point computations) to both computers.

Hi. The original post wasn't meant as spam. I'm just a guy who wrote a program that I thought some folks in a CPU Speed Test forum might find interesting :) Self aggrandizement, perhaps, I won't lie.

Anyway, the application uses a feature of Flash 10 that allows it to run compiled kernels so it's not impacted by OS or the browser. Indeed, it does not test GPU or RAM or hard drive or anything like that. As mentioned on the page, it looks purely at CPU. Hopefully the next version of Flash will allow direct access to GPU, but for now, just CPU including multicore. The test is not impacted by web latency or anything like that. It runs a string of floating point multiplications without loops or branching and then divides number of operations by time to calculate gigaflops.

It's mainly meant for fun, of course, but I think the result is valid, and it's kind of nice I think to check CPU speed without installing any other software.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out.

Kind regards,
Ben

LOL, Does flash optimize its code for different CPU's? Will it run on PowerPC? Will it run on ARM? SpecINT and SpecFP benchmarks are compiled for specific OS's and architectures, somehow, I don't think flash is. Amateur hour benchmarking.

Back