• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't afford any games!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

But I have a crapload that I bought and never got around to installing. I think from that list I've played Prey (sucked), all the Orange Box stuff (ruled), Bioshock (great), STALKER (meh), and that's about it. What should I install next? Leaning towards Red Faction: Guerilla, but would it be better to play parts 1 and 2 first? Other ideas?

:beer:

Attachments

• steamlist.jpg
    steamlist.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 308
Left 4 Dead and TF2. Add me on Steam (JoshOohAh) I'll play those with you. I don't know anyone with Left 4 Dead 1 they all have number two.

I played RF: Guerrilla so long after playing the first one I forgot about most of it, but it didn't seem like I was missing too much. Haven't tried the scond one, but this is on the RF2 store page:
NOTE: Direct X 10.1 ATI video cards or Direct X 10.0 Nvidia video cards are not supported.
so I never got around to even installing that one.

Overall it's...alright. IMO, it seems like they spent too much time trying to build the gameplay around the geomod technology (go and blow up this building before you can advance the storyline mission, destroy x amount of stuff before you could get to the next upgrade, etc.).

Left 4 Dead and TF2. Add me on Steam (JoshOohAh) I'll play those with you. I don't know anyone with Left 4 Dead 1 they all have number two.

Ahh, I have.. Over 250 hours played in TF2. Great game. About 20 minutes played in L4D, didn't like it at all :beer:

But I have a crapload that I bought and never got around to installing. I think from that list I've played Prey (sucked), all the Orange Box stuff (ruled), Bioshock (great), STALKER (meh), and that's about it. What should I install next? Leaning towards Red Faction: Guerilla, but would it be better to play parts 1 and 2 first? Other ideas?

:beer:

Play STALKER again with the Oblivion Lost mod. It is very much worth it.

second civ 4. I always go back to that game when I have free time.

I didn't enjoy Red Faction: Guerilla all that much. It was like GTA with half the story, 1/8the weapons, 1/10 the vehicles and none of the fun.

edit: Oh and the physics suck, you blow up 90% of the first floor of a building but one exterior wall hold the whole place up.

Play STALKER again with the Oblivion Lost mod. It is very much worth it.

I wanted to like that game, I really did, it just seemed too buggy and I got bored around the last few levels. Will try it again if the mod makes it playable.

Sid Meier's Pirates is a fun timesink.

Believe me, I know. Probably spent a few hundred hours playing the original on my Tandy 1000. Pirates! Gold kinda sucked though.

Thanks for the input so far, keep it coming please :beer:

Start with the top of your list, Bioshock is a great game, one I still haven't beat myself. :-/

Also, the Dawn of War games are excellent (especially at a lan party) if you are a fan of RTS games.

Saints Row 2 is horrible for the PC. I had to RAID 0 four hard drives just to get it to stop jerking around and even then it was barely playable. Too bad, it seemed like the proper sequel to GTA that nobody got with GTA IV.

Out of that list I vote for TF2. I never had any fun with the game but everyone else loves it.

I wanted to like that game, I really did, it just seemed too buggy and I got bored around the last few levels. Will try it again if the mod makes it playable.

Yup, it removes almost all the bugs (sometimes, depending on setup you get some odd quirks) But it also makes the game much more interesting, and scarier. Much scarier.

Also, the Dawn of War games are excellent (especially at a lan party) if you are a fan of RTS games.

+1 for Dawn of War. The first one was my favorite and Winter Assult was pretty good too. I never played Dark Crusade or Soul Storm though. I'm playing through DOW II right now, it's a lot of fun but I still think the original was better.

Saints Row 2 is horrible for the PC. I had to RAID 0 four hard drives just to get it to stop jerking around and even then it was barely playable. Too bad, it seemed like the proper sequel to GTA that nobody got with GTA IV.

Out of that list I vote for TF2. I never had any fun with the game but everyone else loves it.

THat's too bad, it was awesome for the 360 and PS3.

That's a lot of unplayed games, Rat, care to give us a pic of the original discs*? :chair: LOL, hahahahaha

*if you don't get the joke, ask Rat about piracy and EULAs.

THat's too bad, it was awesome for the 360 and PS3.

That's a lot of unplayed games, Rat, care to give us a pic of the original discs*? :chair: LOL, hahahahaha

*if you don't get the joke, ask Rat about piracy and EULAs.

rat doesn't get it either :shrug:

Bought the stuff on Steam, I'm a sucker for those cheap collections.

Back