• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue tubing with Red coolant?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noahmichvfs

Registered
Hi,
I'm building a water cooling loop, and I had some questions about the color scheme. Firstly my systems shceme is red and blue (red ccfl's & led's at the top, blue ccfl's at the bottom), and they make a nice looking gradient inside the case. I am planning to use Feser clear/UV blue tubing and blood red dye in some Feser disstilled water, along with a sound activated UV ccfl. What I am hoping to accomplish is to have the tubing change from red to blue as the uv rod pulses. Does anyone know if this will work, or if the two colors will just blend and look out of place as the tubing turns blue with the light.
Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated, as I cannot find anything about this online.

Thanks

my advice is : avoid dyes like the pledge - they will miscolor everything in your loop
Go for uv reactive waterlines as said numerous times here .... and there .... and there .... and there .... and there .... and there .... and there .... and there .... and there ...

I vote just get some blue or red UV tubing, then get the oppisate color fluid without the UV... dyes aren't good for anything (tubing, clothes, hair, teeth)

you will have purple not blue when you activate the uv lights.

dyes are never a good thing so avoid using them. also unless you can't get distilled water from your local grocery store then don't use their overpriced distilled water.

you will have purple not blue when you activate the uv lights.

dyes are never a good thing so avoid using them. also unless you can't get distilled water from your local grocery store then don't use their overpriced distilled water.
I wonder - if you drink red dye . would you pee red afterwards ??? (guess the kidneys will be miscolored too ? - yeah I know about the red theets for a week or so afterwards )

Anyway - dyes are pi'ss - agreed....

well if you eat enough carrots you turn orange :)
hehe :D

I promise that I shall put a L O T of red dye in the coffee for my guests one time - if it is FDA approved :)

(Arctic Silver 3 were claimed FDA approved - but noone of their "staff" would eat it HAHA )

Last edited:
If you eat a bunch of blue cotton candy you poop green. Generally the tubing UV will outshine your coolant, it's hard to tell with red/blue tho you might want to try a filling a 1 foot segment of tubing and see what it looks like under UV before doing your whole loop.

Back