• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/cing EP45-UD3P With Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdfreak04

Hey Everyone,

I just purchased my new rig recently & wanted to know a few things as per i'm new to the 775 socket!

I've been able to get my q6600 on watercooling @ stock voltage up to 2.9ghz stable in prime 95 (tested for about 7hrs)

My temps where in the low 60's degree's range; this seems quite high to me .. but then again there are 4 cores in this chip;

I'd like to get to 3ghz if possible without touching the cpu voltages; Could anyone please point out what other options in the bios i could tweak abit to try to aim for 3ghz? at least the most important .. there are soo many options .. i'm like :shock:

fyi.. i'm running a set of gskill sticks pc8500 at bone stock setting for now...

-steveo

What does your water system look like.

Chances are you will have to adjust the vcore to get there. Since your temps are fine, a small .05 bump will not do hurt anything but may raise temps a bit.

I would check out the guide that is linked in my signature as that will help you out a lot in learning exactly what you are doing.

I don't think your temps should be that high on WC, heck my temps are lower under air at stock volts. You might wanna look into how you applied the thermal paste.

Also, for the most part the G0 Q6600s can be run up to 85C, if I remember correctly. Mine dosen't quite get that hot under load (1.4v and air cooling) but it gets a lot hotter when I bench it. :)

Hey

I will read the details in the long C2Q thread :D..

I have a b3 stepping e6600 cpu ... so your saying highest temp i should be getting on this cpu is around 85 degress fully loaded?

I still feel that is really high.... do you think lapping the cpu will make much difference?

thanks

85C would be for benching. For 24/7 Keep it 72C or below.

A temperature limit for benching? You wimp. :D

Well I guess in these parts of the forums I have to explain, for daily use you should keep it below 80C or so, the lower the better. Us benchers really don't care if we break our parts (even though I don't really have the cash to replace broken stuff), so we tend to push them further than they need to go.

A lot further.

Like, torture.

It's quite mean to the CPUs.

Mine might have cried once.

Back