• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reborn20

Hello, everyone!

I need you help, please. My cpu is quite old its athlon 64 3500+ and default speed is 2,20GHz. My problem is that its running at 2,7Ghz and it causes my usb devices malfunction and all of my games are running slower than they should weird huh?.. Im looking for an answer for like month and couldnt find it so far.. How can I downclock my cpu to 2,20 GHZ "If in BIOS its always 2,20 everything is bios is fine" The problem is that when Im turnn PC it loading well after it loaded OS my CPU is at 2,20GHz as it should be, but after 5-10 min it goes auto overclock to 20-23% and it causes my usb devices turn off immideatly and games goes in slow motion after it... And it always keeps happening. In bios everything is fine as it should be, but in OS it keeps overclock my pc always after loading OS. I tried reinstalling windows it did not help. Is there any way to remove/disable/downclock my CPU get rid of that overclock?
Maybe some kind of software or some kind of fix.. if i look in my computer > properties it shows fine 2,21, but when i look it in like Everest ultimate edition or any other program that shows cpu info I can see that its overclocked on 20-23%.. Please guys i really hope that u can help me.

Sincerely,
reborn.

I reinstalled OC 3 times all different OC... Reinstalled bios tried newer and older versions - didint help either... I don't know what to do why the overclock keeps coming back? Is that power supply issue or what? :S

Looking at your first screen shot I can see your bus speed is set to 244MHz. The default would be 200MHz. This should be a BIOS setting or a jumper on your mother board. If you could post up the brand and model number of your mother board we could help walk you through where to find these settings.

The BIOS update may not have reset all your settings, you could go back to the BIOS and select use default settings. If this does not fix it then the only thing I can think of since you have already re-installed the OS is there must be a jumper forcing the setting. Why this would only take effect after Windows has started is beyond me. Are you installing any utilities for this mother board other than just the standard drivers? Do you have any temperature monitors or other system monitors that you have installed after re-installing Windows?

Looking at your first screen shot I can see your bus speed is set to 244MHz. The default would be 200MHz. This should be a BIOS setting or a jumper on your mother board. If you could post up the brand and model number of your mother board we could help walk you through where to find these settings.

The BIOS update may not have reset all your settings, you could go back to the BIOS and select use default settings. If this does not fix it then the only thing I can think of since you have already re-installed the OS is there must be a jumper forcing the setting. Why this would only take effect after Windows has started is beyond me. Are you installing any utilities for this mother board other than just the standard drivers? Do you have any temperature monitors or other system monitors that you have installed after re-installing Windows?

Thanks for answering, Well i tried loading default settings, i tried other bios drivers. No i dont have anything after i reinstalled windows, i tried brand new windows today i have now different windows and the same problem.. Overclock still here.. I can tell u full information about my motherboard just tell me where can i see it and ill make SS and post it here. I have only one clue it started 1 month ago when i messed around with cheat engine, after i did something with kernel debugger in there i had some kind of error then norton detected some kind of virus or some **** and i think that when everything is started, first my games started to run slower then my usb devices started to shut down.. After that i scanned my pc with lots of different programms and didint found any malicious programms, or any viruses. And then i reinstalled windows with full format, tried different drivers and problem was still here and i couldnt get rid of it.. I use this pc more than 3 years and everything was fine until last month. I dont know if Cheat engine and my problem is somehow connected, or its just a coincedence that it started when i messed around with it. The first game i noticed that i have some problem was dekaron, then i noticed it in counter strike, If you need more info ill say. I hope you guys can help me. Sorry for my grammar mistakes i was in hurry to post.

Don't know why but FSB Bus keeps changing. from 200 to 243-247, and from 800 to 973-987.. It always changes after 5-10 min working in OC

:welcome: to OCF!

Have you reset the CMOS yet? Consult your motherboard manual for the location of the CMOS jumper and procedure for doing that.

Have you tried a different hard-drive ...?

:welcome: to OCF!

Have you reset the CMOS yet? Consult your motherboard manual for the location of the CMOS jumper and procedure for doing that.

Have you tried a different hard-drive ...?

I've resetted cmos, but i havent tried different HDD. And im wondering why the hell in bios all usb devices are working fine, but in windows arent, they are working in windows only for few min if i turn off pc for 5-20 min. And then i turn on it and usb works for few mins,after that it shutdowns and cant recognize any usb device...

Last edited:
OMG, WTH? :DD Counter strike runs slower than it should. Now i've installed World of warcraft and it runs FASTER than it should OMG :S :D :O :C Too bad that noone can help me ;(

Last edited:
Are the usb devices going through the MB ports or external ports on the case?

I tried all ports, it only works in BIOS, when OC loaded immediately or in few mins its going offline and then it cannot recognize device, until i turn off pc and turn it back on. And yes i tried full format too. And one more thing, even when i was installing windows, usb mouse didnt work there either. It works only in BIOS.

I figured that i need to change CPU FSB on north bridge, but i cant find it.. not CPU Frequency, but CPU FSB on north bridge... What can i do to change it?

Back