• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wood Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grosjambon

Hiya all, Nearly done with this project Here is Pic. Istill need to do Intake and exhaust point for 120mm fan I am going to order 6 -- 3for radiator --- 3 for the case I think i will need more than 3 but I will do with 3 for now. Advice Required :)
:pics:
I know It look like Gheto I just want to get this running with old stuff (9600GT) athlon x2 6000+ my current harddrive that was on my other comp 4gig ddr2qimonda Old Psu
P1000146.jpg
P1000148.jpg
P1000147.jpg
P1000145.jpg
P1000144.jpg
P1000150.jpg
P1000151.jpg

nice stuff, is that a Siemens electrical panel i see?

also what screws are you using to hold your psu?

I think I liked it better when it had a shelf for the windex...now that's l33t. ;)

Yep, that's flooring OSB (oriented strand board)...maybe he's laying in some nice hardwood later...

Yeah, I'm teasing, but it's a jubly big case there, bud!

I knew it that someone was going to talk about that windex Bottle :)
hmmm Here is pic the Screw I Puted in the psu Had hard time having the good mesure i had 2 on 4 good needed to bigger the 3rd hole to make it fit (3/4 screwed)
P1000154.jpg
Sry I dunno what u mean about the floor +_+ IM french canadian and I dunno what is MDF or OSB +_+
and what is siemens electrical pannel? I think it is the Gray thing u see in background of the 4th picture I will check later its 3;00 AM today just came back of friends house. I will be back tomorow or today +_+
Yea this thing is biggy maybe overkill :) i think i could fit 6 120.3 rad in there lol... still need to do some 120mm or 4,5'' hole in there for some fan.

psu is gonna suck up a ton of hot air from the cpu.. but otherwise pretty nifty.. and huge.. like neuro said.. turn it into a leg of a computer desk or something

Not bad at all, especially for the price.

I would've used medium density fiberboard (MDF) instead of plywood. Plywood is just too brittle for me to feel safe. You should try it out on your next project.

Any advice on where putting 3 120mm fan? in there.
I know one will be under the Psu as exhaust but i dunno where to put the 2other. maybe down where the rad will be intake where are cddrive / harddrive and an exhaust under the Graphic card?
I love to take picture here is what i think to do for now with 3fan. ( only have one now so i used different point of vision??? to let visualize where the fan will be also taked some pic with yellow sheet.
woddcaseairflow.jpg
P1000155.jpg
P1000156.jpg
P1000158.jpg
P1000159.jpg
P1000161.jpg
P1000162.jpg
With that on I will still have place to put +2 fan on the bottom of the case or upper for the graphic card

Good on ya for doing it on the cheap there dude.

Would be interested to see what kind of temps you achieve in there.
Wood normally being known for its insulation properties.
Heat as well as sound.

It'll be as quiet as nothing, but are your temps likely to suffer using only 3 fans I wonder?
Keep us updated!

I dont know yet, it is running with open case ( not closed ) only 1 fan in there is at the harddrive cooling them because no hole has been made yet.
Still need to do the Pannel to close it.
Yet, temps are better than it was with my old case ( after 20min stress on the cpu ) 3degree lower.

Update :
MAde the panel I still need to buy an hinge (penture in french) Used wordreference :)
U can't see it but they are an acrylic panel that i made 6month ago for my old case i just re used it turned around and the 80mm will feed in cold air the gtx 280
P1000216.jpg
P1000217.jpg

Edit : still need to paint it black :)

Back