[O/C]X58 Motherboard Safari, which one is right for you?

X58 Motherboard Safari, which one is right for you?
    by Alien432

We have all now seen the latest offerings for P55 chipset motherboards. For many it was the best board for their needs and they upgraded. I found that there are still many undecided folks still delaying the decision to upgrade their computers. They are generally happy with the current performance of their rig but the remaining life span of their system is still in the back of their minds. I am going to stick my neck out and say that maybe another look at the x58 chipset motherboards just might help them find their way to that upgrade. Most people say to themselves, If Im going to invest a fair amount of my hard earned dollars, I want the best board that fits my needs. So lets venture out on a high-tech safari and travel to that X58 jungle in Silicon Valley and see what hardware we can prey on.

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus.
    Last edited by Overclockers.com; 12-22-09 at 11:36 AM.

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Really good read alien, your breakdown is definitely going to be helpful for people in the market to get a new board!
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Good breakdown. I would add the ASUS P6T/P6T SE to the entry-level. I would also add the Gigabyte EX58-UD4P to the mid-range. And I would add the ASUS P6X58D and Gigabyte X58A-UD7 to the upper tier.
    CPU: i7 920 C0 @ 3.8 GHz HT, 1.25v
    Cooling: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD5
    Memory: 6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Video: ASUS GTX 285
    Hard Drives: WD Black 640GB, 2x WD Green 1TB
    Power Supply: Corsair 850TX
    Case: Antec P180B
    Monitor: 30" Dell U3011 H-IPS
    Peripherals: Logitech Illuminated + G7 | Sidewinder X4
    Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Audio-Technica AD700 | Logitech Z-2300

10 Year Badge
    very nice I got to skim the article and I'll try to read it thuroughly in the morning, but i was wondering why my mobo was left out? was it because they didnt send one for you to test? i got it for around $170 shipped.
    Intel i7 4790k 4.4ghz +H220-X| ASRock Z97x Killer | AMD Perf. 4x4GB DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9 290 tri-x CFX| Samsung 840pro 256gb|
    640gig+1.5tb WD 7200rpm| Antec Twelve Hundred|Cooler Master V1000
    ASUS vg234QE 144hz monitor | CreAtive X-Fi XtremeMusic | Fanatec Porsche 911TS wheel Logitech g500. OCZ Elixir

Author Profile
    Yep, quick read with lots of information. A few new boards have entered the market after article was written so look for follow-up article.
    Mobo - Gigabyte G1.Assassin2
    CPU - Intel 3820 4.5 @1.28v
    CPU HSF - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - Deluxe Edition
    GPU - <MSI 770
    Memory - G.Skill DDR3 4x4 16GB
    HDD - 240gb SSD + 150GB WD Raptors
    PSU - Corsair 1000W
    Case - Tech Bench
    Monitor - Samsung p270 Black 27" 5ms Widescreen LCD
    OS - Windows 7 Pro
    Heatware