• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]X58 Motherboard Safari, which one is right for you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

X58 Motherboard Safari, which one is right for you?
by Alien432

We have all now seen the latest offerings for P55 chipset motherboards. For many it was the best board for their needs and they upgraded. I found that there are still many undecided folks still delaying the decision to upgrade their computers. They are generally happy with the current performance of their rig but the remaining life span of their system is still in the back of their minds. I am going to stick my neck out and say that maybe another look at the x58 chipset motherboards just might help them find their way to that upgrade. Most people say to themselves, “If I’m going to invest a fair amount of my hard earned dollars, I want the best board that fits my needs.” So let’s venture out on a high-tech safari and travel to that X58 jungle in Silicon Valley and see what hardware we can prey on.

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus.

Last edited:
Really good read alien, your breakdown is definitely going to be helpful for people in the market to get a new board!

Good breakdown. I would add the ASUS P6T/P6T SE to the entry-level. I would also add the Gigabyte EX58-UD4P to the mid-range. And I would add the ASUS P6X58D and Gigabyte X58A-UD7 to the upper tier.

very nice :) I got to skim the article and I'll try to read it thuroughly in the morning, but i was wondering why my mobo was left out? was it because they didnt send one for you to test? i got it for around $170 shipped.

Yep, quick read with lots of information. A few new boards have entered the market after article was written so look for follow-up article.

Back