• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dice/LN2 - motherboard questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I'm going to try and start going cold for benching older hardware.

This is equipment that I won't be too heartbroken if it dies on me, but I would like to have it survive if possible.

Using dice/LN2, I'm assuming you have to seal the board against condensation somehow. I lost a moderately expensive Athlon 64 chip a while back due to a pinhole in my conformal coating on the back side of my CPU socket area when I was using a peltier.

Is there a good, low budget way of sealing the motherboard against condensation? I'm not planning on selling this motherboard, except to maybe someone else who wanted to take it cold too.

Yeah, can't go wrong with neaded eraser. Frost King is also pretty cheap, like $10 a roll or something like that last time I bought some.

Follow Deanzo's insulation guide (stickied in this section) for perfect insulation methods :thup:

Thanks for pointing out the sticky guide. Too bad the thumbnails won't open up anymore. :(

Any place in the US you can pick up the spray on conformal coating that he mentioned?

PM icebob about the conformal. I remember seeing he was selling a mobo that was already coated.

I used the kneaded eraser with my chiller. It's very easy to apply & I bought it at a place called Hobby Lobby. BTW, you think you're benching with old stuff - that's socket 478 P4! lol
DSC01094.jpg

Edit: Pic link isn't working. Thumbnail should open full sized image in new tab. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll definately PM him.

And I was able to see the full sized pic. I copied the URL into a different window and removed the .th portion before .jpg and it showed up fine.

However what you did, did fix it.

Back