• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding nostalgia- remember when...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I remember loading up 10 folders of Genome@Home (no deadlines) and crunching them on my Pentium 200 (no internet access) just for those extra 20 or 30 points per week!

~FA

My PII 266 was my first folder and was told and believed that kittens would die if I didn't fold.
All so long ago.

Sorry to drag this up again.

My PII 266 was my first folder and was told and believed that kittens would die if I didn't fold.
All so long ago.

Sorry to drag this up again.

This is of course, very true.

h0mp.jpg

ShadowCat66, PM an admin or mod your 10 year badge is not displaying.

Current points are giving me some nostalgia. I just turned in a WU for 219 points... That's old school right there! Modern pointage is so much bigger typically - folding 14K WU's right now on both GPU and CPU.

I'll never forget that it was folding that introduced me to Linux; was building more machines than had Windows licencing for.

Makdrake 9 and 10 plus Fedora 3 & 4 were folding on my AMD Athlon XP rigs, back in 2004.

Yes, I was noobish.

o8fv.jpg

Back